Jean, Pan Rolls?
  Re: (...)
I thought I'd try your rolls today and realized my little bag of whole wheat has walked out of the house. Can I use all AP in the dry mix? I was thinking for just this time, I'd cut the mix back just enough for one pan of rolls and get some whole wheat next time I make them and make all the dry mix.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Jean, Pan Rolls? by Gourmet_Mom (I thought I'd try yo...)
the original called for all a.p. I just added the whole wheat 'cause we like it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Jean, Pan Rolls? by cjs (the original called ...)
Thanks Jean! I thought that was the case, but just wanted to check.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Jean, Pan Rolls? by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks Jean! I thou...)
Jean, the rolls are wonderful! I have enough baked for tomorrow's "sandwich" and about 16 more in the freezer for another time. I seriously do think these would do for a hot dog or hamburger bun. I'm gonna try it! I also want to try it for bread. I can see where it would make a lovely "loaf" bread. I had to use a lot more mix than I thought. I think I even went beyond the 6 cups. I just added AP flour and a little more of the other mix ingredients when I ran out of mix. It worked out fine.

The next batch, I'll make the whole mix and keep in a jar...also using the whole wheat. (Do you know, I found that bag of KA whole wheat tonight!?!?!? I was sooo mad! I KNEW I bought it!)
Daphne
  Re: Re: Jean, Pan Rolls? by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, the rolls are ...)
glad they turned out for you - I don't think I've made bread as much in my entire life as I have the last, what 6 months???? It is fun trying new ones.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com