Bistro Sandwich - Feb. 2008 Issue
  Re: (...)
Well, we had our whole (half) ham yesterday so we have leftovers today. I decided to make the Bistro Sandwich in the Feb.2008 issue. Hopefully it will be as lovely tasting as it looks.

I will post later about the results.

Kids are off school this week. We are taking a trip Up North on Wednesday or Thursday for a couple of days. Going to my dad's place. His wife loves seafood so I will make the Shrimp Alexander recipe that I think LJ posted a few weeks ago. Can't wait!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Bistro Sandwich - Feb. 2008 Issue by luvnit (Well, we had our who...)
If it's good, how about posting the recipe. I didn't start getting my subscription until the April Issue.

I was planning on making Jean's rolls for left over ham from the picnic we attended, but we just got home. Rolls AND cake are put off till tomorrow! And looks like the corned beef experiment is put off for a few more days since the weather is supposed to turn crappy tonight and/or tomorrow. Today would have been PERFECT! Oh well!

You're gonna love the Alexander Sauce! What are you serving it on? I would have a hard time picking between steak, fish or pasta. (Psst...that would be me that posted it...LOL!)
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Bistro Sandwich - Feb. 2008 Issue by Gourmet_Mom (If it's good, how ab...)
Yeah you posted it but I added a recipe for a Shrimp Alexander from a Chicago area restaurant in the same thread...so depending on the recipe from the thread it could be either one of us that could be responsible if it is bad...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Bistro Sandwich - Feb. 2008 Issue by luvnit (Well, we had our who...)
You are both right! Daphne put in the Alexander sauce and LJ put up the Morton's Shrimp Alexander recipe!

Aw geez, I guess I will thinking of you both while I prepare our meal. Can't think of better company.

The Bistro Sandwich was good and VERY easy. I would rate it a 5. Good not great. Pretty presentation. Bed of mesculin lettuce and tomato vinagrette, toasted slice of french bread with ham and gryure(?) cheese, put under the broiler to melt. Put toasted ham-n-cheese on the salad and top with a poached egg.

[Image: Bistro.jpg]

I will post the recipe a little later if you are interested. Kids are home for spring break and we are 'camping' right now.
Laura
  Re: Re: Bistro Sandwich - Feb. 2008 Issue by luvnit (You are both right! ...)
Guess I will wait for my issue to arrive and then someone to make it for----the ingredients are right up Peter's taste buds---I will review if and when it happens---
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Bistro Sandwich - Feb. 2008 Issue by luvnit (You are both right! ...)
Looks good, Laura, that caught my eye right away but figured I'd never get around to making it. Have to think twice now!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Bistro Sandwich - Feb. 2008 Issue by pjcooks (Looks good, Laura, t...)
I was going to have this for dinner, but I couldn't wait. I figured I would bring this up again since Daphne was talking about it and I am sure there are going to be a lot of ham leftovers in the next few weeks.

Again, this was really great. I love the dressing. I make the dressing during the summer when I all I have is a tomato and some condiments. It is so good. I have even cut out the oil and added mayo for a creamier version.
Laura
  Re: Re: Bistro Sandwich - Feb. 2008 Issue by luvnit (I was going to have ...)
There are a lot of dishes in this issue (#67, Feb.'08) that were good and I had forgotten about. I wrote on the Bistro Sandwich "Great" but didn't note the date I made it. I'm going to try the tomato vin. again.

The Thai Chicken Wraps (page 42) were very good also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Bistro Sandwich - Feb. 2008 Issue by cjs (There are a lot of d...)
Oh, yes...the wraps! I need to pull out this issue. You're right, there were a lot of goodies in this one!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.