Everyone Eating Eggs Tonight???
  Re: (...)
Probably not - we went to two Easter Egg hunts this weekend and there was not a real egg in sight!!! What's with that?

One person told me they use plastic eggs so the 'real' eggs don't get all messed up and it's more healthy. Please tell me what person in the USA over thirty that has not scrounged around for 'real' eggs, filthy hands and all and then they were presented with them at dinner?????? For crying out loud - this is just stupid. (guess I'd better say, 'imo' )

Anyway, I don't have any leftover eggs - so I'm S.O.L.

I'm making Nigella's Lamb rib chops with chile and black olives (I'm using Kalamatas tho she just calls for 'black.'
And probably linguine with lemon, garlic & thyme mushrooms.

I've got that 4 loaf take off of the 18 hour bread in the frig (supposed to last 14 days) so playing with making one loaf of that today also.

What are you all up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Everyone Eating Eggs Tonight??? by cjs (Probably not - we we...)
We had real eggs also when I was kid. Who knows how long those things sat out until they got eaten! I was an devilled egg duty for the buffets yesterday, so if I don't see one in awhile, that's fine with me. "grin"

He has a duck breat in the freezer, and 2 goose breasts. He confited (sp) the goose legs, so that's an option.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
Haven't decided yet but it will be something REALLY quick and no stove time----all by my lonesome.

No eggs here, either.
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Everyone Eating Eggs Tonight??? by Roxanne 21 (Haven't decided yet ...)
No eggs here either. The real ones decorated the table, while the kids hunted plastic ones. My kids were raised with real ones and nobody ever got sick! I'm with everybody else so far...what's with that?

On the website I posted on another thread, there were directions for making them with fresh ingredients (like fresh beets for crimson) instead of those dyes we used to use. Really cool. There were also recommendations on how to ensure the eggs were not contaminated so they could be consummed later. Oh well!

I think I'm gonna try the BBQ corned beef today. Sides are in the air, but may try an Asian Coleslaw (Jean, I think?) and some beans...kinda cool today. I'm also gonna try to get that carrot cake made and Jean's rolls. Making my grocery list now.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
We always do real eggs - and hunt both real and plastic. Yes, they sit out some, but I sure had enough when I was a kid and turned out just fine.

Honestly - the plastic just get filled with candy - all the candy is horendous. We still have candy from Halloween, add Christmas, Valentines day and now easter. We give it to way to our renter so she can take it to work to be consumed!

The kids love to dye eggs. And the dyes are made with food grade dye ( so they say).

Oh yeah - have no idea what we are eating for dinner.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Everyone Eating Eggs Tonight??? by esgunn (We always do real eg...)
Great... political correctness is now reaching into my kitchen.

I dyed eggs with my son on Saturday night, then hid them in the yard at noon on Sunday, he had found them all by 1. Then we made deviled eggs.
  Re: Re: Everyone Eating Eggs Tonight??? by jeffdubya (Great... political c...)
Funny, I just remembered something after your post Jeff. I now remember how hard it was for me to break the eggs made by those sweet little hands. Just call me a sentimental fool...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
We always had real eggs as a child. My mom would have us blow out eggs to make hollow shells to dye, too. She would always keep a count of how many real eggs were to be found. I recall that we failed to find one near the radiator one year... the smell got pretty bad.

We didn't hunt for eggs... we didn't even dye any eggs this year.
  Re: Re: Everyone Eating Eggs Tonight??? by HomeCulinarian (We always had real e...)
It's simple, really: just tell those politically correct types, who are often very environmental (emphasis on the mental), that REAL eggs are better for the environment, since they are much more biodegradable than the plastic ones (which, by the way, are made out of petroleum, as in oil).

"When will they ever learn?
When will they ever learn?"
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Everyone Eating Eggs Tonight??? by HomeCulinarian (We always had real e...)
We didn't do anything this year, either.

I love your mother's story-one year, when the kids were small, we found one in August. Luckily, it petrified before it rotted, from then on, I counted!

PJ
PJ