Beef Sirloin Pasta Portobello
  Re: (...)
This is something I made last week when I was looking for a use for the Pecorino Romano cheese. Quite tasty. I used the red bell pepper since the green has a stronger taste.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Beef Sirloin-Portobello Pasta

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : A List Beef-Veal

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 1/4 pounds boneless beef top sirloin, -- cut 1" thick
8 ounces linguine -- uncooked
1 tablespoon olive oil (1-2 Tbs)
2 cloves garlic -- crushed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
8 ounces Portobello mushroom caps, cut in half, then crosswise in 1/4" slices
1 medium red or yellow bell pepper -- cut in 1/8" strips
2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
1/3 cup freshly grated Romano cheese

Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Keep warm.

Trim fat from beef steak. Cut steak lengthwise in half and then crosswise into 1/8: thick strips. In wok or large nonstick skillet, heat 1-2 Tbs oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add beef and garlic, 1/2 at a time, and stir-fry 1-2 minutes or until outside surface is no longer pink. Remove from pan with slotted spoon; season with salt and pepper. Keep warm.

In the same pan, heat 1 Tbs oil until hot. Add mushrooms and bell pepper strips; stir-fry 3-4 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Remove from heat. Return to pan; add sliced basil and toss.

Place pasta on large deep oval platter; arrange beef mixture on pasta. Sprinkle cheese over beef and pasta or pass separately, if desired.

Source:
"Haggens"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Beef Sirloin Pasta Portobello by bjcotton (This is something I ...)
Sounds good Billy! Thanks! I have sirloin in the freezer I need to use up. Now I just need those mushrooms and I am ready to go!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Beef Sirloin Pasta Portobello by esgunn (Sounds good Billy! ...)
That does look real good Billy. I think I will have to put this near the top of my to do list of meals to make at home. Copied and ready to roll...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Beef Sirloin Pasta Portobello by firechef (That does look real ...)
Sounds good Billy! Copied and saved!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Beef Sirloin Pasta Portobello by bjcotton (This is something I ...)
Oh gosh, I am a sucker for mushroom recipes.... I will be making this for sure. Can't help myself. I am drawn like a moth to a flame.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Beef Sirloin Pasta Portobello by luvnit (Oh gosh, I am a suck...)
I think I've seen this before, but would someone please refresh me on when to clean the gills on portobellos? I guess I've not registered it before because I could not get them. My nearest "decent" market is doing a "makeover" and I can get them now, any time. I want to start incuding them in our menus now. (Even though YS HATES mushrooms. ) Advice?
Daphne
  Re: Re: Beef Sirloin Pasta Portobello by Gourmet_Mom (I think I've seen th...)
Mostly, they will darken any sauce you make where you leave the gills in. I think I read they can be bitter too - but not sure on that. I always clean them out - just use a spoon and scrape. Just don't have to worry that way.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Beef Sirloin Pasta Portobello by esgunn (Mostly, they will da...)
Thanks Erin! For now, I'll err on the safe side and clean them.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Beef Sirloin Pasta Portobello by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks Erin! For no...)
I don't find it bitter to leave in, but they certainly make a darker sauce. and don't look real appetizing.

geez Erin, you were reading my mind (hope it was Erin...) "Sounds good Billy! Thanks! I have sirloin in the freezer I need to use up. Now I just need those mushrooms and I am ready to go!"

Exactly what I was going to say! Does sound so good, Billy.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com