I kept diggin' Jean - just for you!! Waffles!
  Re: (...)
Carrot Cake Waffles
Ohio’s Heartland Cuisine 2005

3 cups Belgian waffle mix

1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon

¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg

¼ teaspoon ginger

1½ cups water

2 eggs, beaten

4 tablespoons butter, melted

1 teaspoon vanilla

1/3 cup pecans, chopped

1/3 cup raisins

1 cup carrots, finely shredded

Butter Pecan ice cream

real maple syrup

Preheat waffle maker. Mix dry ingredients together, add water and eggs. Mix until just combined. Continue mixing; adding butter, vanilla, nuts, raisins, and carrots. Do not over mix. When waffle maker is hot, spray with vegetable oil. Prepare waffles according to waffle maker manufacturer’s direction. Keep waffles warm - Serve with a small scoop of butter pecan ice cream and real maple syrup.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: I kept diggin' Jean - just for you!! Waffles! by Harborwitch (Carrot Cake Waffles[...)
Sharon, come over here! (or should I get Jean?) I'm gonna BEAT you! This sounds sooo good! Carrot cake in cripy form???? OH MY GOODNESS! I've got me a summer treat that William is going to die for! (Butter pecan is his favorite ice cream and he loves carrot cake.)
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: I kept diggin' Jean - just for you!! Waffles! by Harborwitch (Carrot Cake Waffles[...)
Gulp! Droooool! Pant! (I think I need a paramedic!)
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: I kept diggin' Jean - just for you!! Waffles! by luvnit (Gulp! Droooool! Pant...)
good heavens!! You're killin' me here, too!

What the heck is 'Belgian waffle mix'? Any batter works in a Belgian waffle maker.....yes?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: I kept diggin' Jean - just for you!! Waffles! by cjs (good heavens!! You'r...)
Well, I have a Begian waffle maker. You can use regular waffle mix in it. But to make TRUE Belgian waffles, you have to whip the egg whites and fold them in. I have never done it because it seemed like a lot of trouble and my kids would never know the difference.

But there is a difference. I have never used Belgian waffle mix. Never knew there was such a thing.
Laura
  Re: Re: I kept diggin' Jean - just for you!! Waffles! by luvnit (Well, I have a Begia...)
I almost always whip the whites and add - didn't know it was a Belgian thing, tho... When I started making waffles I don't think there was even a "Belgian" waffle iron - at least available to the 'common folk.'
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: I kept diggin' Jean - just for you!! Waffles! by cjs (I almost always whip...)
I think there is yeast in the Belgian waffles too. Like I said, I have never done it. I just remember looking online and at the recipes that came with the machine and it seemed there were slight differences, and a lot more work than I was willing to put into it.

Maybe someone else with more knowledge can help explain the regular waffle v. Belgian waffle difference. Any experts out there?
Laura
  Re: Re: I kept diggin' Jean - just for you!! Waffles! by luvnit (I think there is yea...)
This recipe looks amazing! I can't wait to try it. A trip to the basement is in order to get the waffle irons out...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: I kept diggin' Jean - just for you!! Waffles! by cjs (good heavens!! You'r...)
Ducking! Please don't beat me Daphne! I'll post the link to the website and kill us all!!! Geeze no one fixed me food like that when I was in Ohio!

Don't they just sound too good! And they've got veggies in them!!!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: I kept diggin' Jean - just for you!! Waffles! by Harborwitch (Ducking! [img]/ubbth...)
It is hard to believe the same place that gave us Cleveland gave us these recipes...NOTHING against Cleveland...I hope to summer their sometime, you know when I have the urge to have 40F summer days.....
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)