Jean - it's all your fault - I just had to look!
  Re: (...)
Darn this sounded good!

Apple-Sausage Cobbler
Saimi Bergmann
Ohio’s Heartland Cuisine 2003

Serves 6

1 pound sage sausage meat

1 ¾ cups onions, chopped

2 cups apples, chopped

½ cup low-fat sour cream

2 teaspoons oil

1 large egg

½ cup yellow corn meal

½ cup all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

½ teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon salt

½ teaspoon pepper

½ cup buttermilk

1 ½ cups Cheddar cheese, grated

Cook sausage in frying pan; leaving in chunks, not crumbs. When sausage begins to brown, approximately 8 minutes, add onions and apples; continuing to cook another 5 minutes. Pour apple-sausage mixture into 9x12-inch baking dish; spreading evenly. Preheat oven to 375°F for metal pan or 350°F for glass dish.

To make batter, whisk together sour cream, oil and egg in large bowl. In separate bowl, mix dry ingredients. Add dry ingredients to wet alternatively with buttermilk; whisking well between additions. Pour batter over filling, carefully spreading to cover.

Bake for 20 minutes and remove from oven. Sprinkle with grated cheese. Return to oven for additional 5 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Jean - it's all your fault - I just had to look! by Harborwitch (Darn this sounded go...)
This does sound good - but, but, but - where do I fit in here?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Jean - it's all your fault - I just had to look! by cjs (This does sound good...)
I found this when I went searching for the Carrot Cake Waffles! Just think fruit, sausage, all in one pan!
  Re: Apple Sausage Cobbler by Harborwitch (I found this when I ...)
I don't care who's fault it is...it looks good and you can't go wrong with apples and sausage...I've got a few duck breasts left...think a duck sausage would work with the this dish????
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Apple Sausage Cobbler by firechef (I don't care who's f...)
why not...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Apple Sausage Cobbler by firechef (I don't care who's f...)
Now I am truly drooooling all over my desk!!! Would you like to share the duck sausage recipe???? I'll snivel, whine, and grovel at your feet.

Gee I wonder what would happen if you used pears????

I'm running away with Bob today - LOL - no Pugs, no kitchen, and maybe lunch out!
  Re: Re: Apple Sausage Cobbler by Harborwitch (Now I am truly drooo...)
Here is a recipe for a Smoked Duck Sausage...I do not smoke it and do not use it in casings as I use it in "bulk" form...

Smoked Duck Sausage Recipe

Smoked Duck Sausage Recipe

Ingredients

* 1 lb. duck meat, coarsely ground
* 1/3 lb. duck meat, small dice
* 1/3 lb. fatback
* 1 egg
* 1 oz. brandy
* 2 tsp. dry mustard
* 1 garlic clove, pared, minced
* 2 tsp. red peppercorns, cracked
* Coriander seeds, crushed, to taste
* salt and pepper, to taste
* Sausage casings, as needed

Directions

1. Place all ingredients except casings in mixing bowl; combine using paddle. Refrigerate until chilled. Grind through medium die; pipe into casings. Hot smoke using desired wood to internal temperature of 140 degrees F. Refrigerate until chilled.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Apple Sausage Cobbler by firechef (Here is a recipe for...)
yum!

In my favorite Charcuterie book, they have a recipe for Duck sausage with sage and roasted garlic paste that I've been eyeing!

Time to stock up on ducks, sounds like.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Jean - it's all your fault - I just had to look! by Harborwitch (Darn this sounded go...)
But what about the "Carrot Cake Waffles"? Did you find them? They sound very interesting and yummy. The way my family eats up carrot cake, I know they would love these. Pleeese share (folding hands and begging)
Shirley
  Re: Re: Jean - it's all your fault - I just had to look! by smschwag (But what about the "...)
Shirley, Sharon did post the recipe for Carrot Cake Waffles...I want them for dinner, soon!!!

here you go Shirley - this is the thread -
"I kept diggin' Jean - just for you!! Waffles!"
www.achefsjourney.com