Good Grief!
  Re: (...)
Old Bay's (Bill's) dinner is waiting in the wings AGAIN! After washing my windows, I went to get my hair cut. I noticed the air on my car...yes, it was that warm today...was not working. On the way home I kept checkig my dials, thinking that my car may be overheating. WRONG DIAL!!!! When I stopped at a stop sign, the car cut off. THAT WAS WHEN I NOTICED I WAS LOOKING AT THE WRONG DIAL!!!!! The dang car has "eaten" ANOTHER thermostat!!!!! This is the FIFTH ONE!!!! ARGGGGG!!!!!! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my car, but....

So, we had leftovers and are now trying to figure out how I'm to get to work Monday. Taking the day off has a nice ring to me, but......
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Good Grief! by Gourmet_Mom (Old Bay's (Bill's) d...)
Wanna borrow my Mazda pickup? It's a stick shift.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Good Grief! by Gourmet_Mom (Old Bay's (Bill's) d...)
Well, that's crappy. I'm thinking by your post that you can't drive without the thermostat? You have to forgive me, I don't drive. The only round thing I look at is the gas one.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Good Grief! by Lorraine (Well, that's crappy....)
If the car overheats, it will either cut off the engine, thankfully, or "melt down" the engine. In other words, it will ruin the motor.

Thanks Billy, I wish you were closer. My car is a six speed, so I drive a stick well!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Good Grief! by Gourmet_Mom (If the car overheats...)
Thanks for the clarification. If it's any help to you, I have two new 10 speed bikes in the garage! (Just joking!)
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Good Grief! by Lorraine (Thanks for the clari...)
What are you doing with TWO new ten speeds, pray tell? LOL!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Good Grief! by Gourmet_Mom (What are you doing w...)
So sorry about the car...I'd loan you the van but the transmission is acting up again. Something about where the computer that controls it goes into the housing of the transmission is leaking and it is getting worse as we are averaging 2 quarts of transmission fluid at nearly $6.00 a quart per week. The heater core is shot too as I have a fluid leak coming into the passenger side and the heater smells like coolant.

Funny my old Volvo used to shut down or kill the turbo if it got too hot....
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Good Grief! by firechef (So sorry about the c...)
It's home now, but it will have to be fixed, AGAIN! Every summer this happens...a little early this year. Like I said, I LOVE my car, but it is a tempermental little thing! William is using this as a reason to hit me up for getting a new car. ARGGG! I HATE car shopping and new cars! Even DD says I'd look silly in a Cooper! Such a change from the Cobra...even if we got the Turbo.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Good Grief! by Gourmet_Mom (It's home now, but i...)
I think the new Audi coupe would be better than the Mini. I am pushing 300 pounds so I know that I'd look REAL silly in a Mini-Cooper. Love the things and would trade you for one in a heart beat...well maybe my dogs and one of my cats and keep you...but they are not a family car and I'd look odd in a car that is not as big around as I am. We are looking at a Chevy Trail Blazer and a Chevy Tahoe at the local dealership. I'll end up with the 1999 Chevy Lumina LTZ which is basically a four door Monte Carlo when you get down to it.

Yeah, the new Audi or a Saab 900 Turbo would be good for you...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Good Grief! by firechef (I think the new Audi...)
Quote:

.. or a Saab 900 Turbo would be good for you...

<Sigh> Another Saab story.

If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?