A "Taste" of Spring
  Re: (...)
I had to go to the store, oddly found myself without butter! I will be making Bill's Dinner Review tonight, all the way down to the compound butter. (Got the food in there...LOL!) Anyway, I grabbed the camera since I've been meaning to share a "Taste" of Spring with my friends who are still dealing with a ridiculously LONG winter. It's kinda cool and overcast today, but the flowers and trees are going to soon peak and I didn't want to miss it. Here you go:

[Image: TateLittonyards.jpg]

[Image: StoneYard.jpg]

[Image: LadyBirkshireRose.jpg]

[Image: DogwoodsandCherryBlossoms.jpg]

[Image: azaelias.jpg]
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: A "Taste" of Spring by Gourmet_Mom (I had to go to the s...)
Nice.Spring here too. We will be in the Aiken SC area in two weeks playing golf and seeing Janes family. Lovely part of the country!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
How gorgeous! My forsythia is just gorgeous right now also!! I'm so ready for spring and summer - and I haven't even had it as bad as a lot of you all this year!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: A "Taste" of Spring by cjs (How gorgeous! My for...)
My Santa Rosa Plum is in full bloom; unfortunately, we had a freeze two nights in a row. Hope it doesn't kill the fruit.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: A "Taste" of Spring by bjcotton (My Santa Rosa Plum i...)
We could only have "Snow Peas" and "Iceberg Lettuce" around here. We are expecting rain and thunderstorms in the evening Sunday through Monday early afternoon and then the cold front moves through and it is supposed to turn to 3 to 6 inches of snow...I bet your allergies are killing all of you with spring in the air??? If not I hope they do soon! Not that I am envious or anything...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: A "Taste" of Spring by firechef (We could only have "...)
Now those pictures do a heart good We're just starting to see the trees bloom here. They start..it cold again so they stop..then the wind kicks in. Well let's just say our trees and flowers are very confused.

However! I did plant my first 2 tomato plants and a bell pepper plant. I've never grown them before so wish me luck
  Re: Re: A "Taste" of Spring by DFen911 (Now those pictures d...)
Oh Denise, that's how garden monsters are created - I'll bet by mid-summer you will be planning your next year's garden!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: A "Taste" of Spring by cjs (Oh Denise, that's ho...)
we've still got snow on the ground, although the rest of it should melt today. My chives are coming up in the pot, and the daffs are about 2" high, and my hyacinths are just peeking out.

Sally
That is so nice. It will be a while before the flowers bloom here. But we see a light at the end of the tunnel.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: A "Taste" of Spring by DFen911 (Now those pictures d...)
Everything is in bloom here - and if the one that gets your allergies going best isn't close the wind will bring it. Bob and I think I'm over the crud and just suffering from the worst allergies ever. LJ - remember spring WILL come - and things WILL bloom - and . . . . nah, couldn't wish that on anyone!

We planted a yellow squash, 3 tomatoes (including a Lemon Boy), a jalapeno and a poblano, some tarragon, and have one basil ready to go in the ground. I'd like to get a cucumber and some beans to go up the trellises and we are going to get a couple cherry or grape tomatoes. Oh, and more herbs!

Ah yes - glorious spring is here!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!