Do You Know How?
  Re: (...)
During my wait to go into the hospital again [It's scheduled for May 1st for the MRI] I need to eat low-fat stuff. I have a craving for creamy mashed potatoes [with lumps of course]. I usually use butter and heavy cream to make mine, but need to use something else so they are low-fat. Any ideas?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Do You Know How? by bjcotton (During my wait to go...)
HI,

After my boyfriends heart attack we had to adjust our diets. I use fat free half and half and Light I cant believe it is not butter. For some reason that fat free half and half works much better than milk. It is creamier and adds a nice flavor. I actually use it for all my cream sauces and soups. Works great.
Hey buddy, reduce some chicken stock to about half and add a little buttermilk (just a little!)--whip it up and let me know!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Do You Know How? by Old Bay (Hey buddy, reduce so...)
They both sound good! Why didn't I think of that? Hey, I go in to buy my new stove today! Yahoo!

Billy
  Re: Re: Do You Know How? by bjcotton (They both sound good...)
Have fun with it Billy!

How about cottage cheese mashed in?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Do You Know How? by bjcotton (They both sound good...)
Stock is very good, and we used to use skim milk for mashed taters when Bob's brother was living with us. He had to have low fat because of his cholesterol. It really made the fluffiest mashed ever.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
I use Simply Smart fat free half and half and it works great. Stock is a good idea, too.

Have fun shopping!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Do You Know How? by pjcooks (I use Simply Smart f...)
It's a rare day that I can go out shopping...usually have taken too many pain pills. I sent my BIL out the other day to buy me a new Accu-Chek Glucose Meter...he came back with the strips instead. He never seems to get what I send him for, so I've pretty much quit asking him...if I send him for a chuck roast he'll come back with a rump roast or a ham. Seems he's too embarrassed[?] to ask.

Billy