OT - Tomato Plants
  Re: (...)
Ok so in another post I mentioned I had planted 2 tomato plants and a bell pepper.

Well I noticed today some small nibble marks. Well I will not allow some little bug to eat my plants.

I really don't want to use pesticides. Anyone know a homemade recipe I can use to keep my plants safe?
  Re: OT - Tomato Plants by DFen911 (Ok so in another pos...)
Well, Denise, that problem is all too common here with our short growing season and lots of wet.

The old method of spraying with a mild organic soap and water solution comes to mind but it has to be done daily. There is a new organic product out there, from The Garden Guys, that is supposed to work. It's fairly new and I hope to try it this year.

http://www.garden-guys.com/insect.html

I just saw an ad for a tomato growing system, upside down. Topsy-turvey something or other, ever heard of it? Our season here is so short.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: OT - Tomato Plants by pjcooks (Well, Denise, that p...)
garlic water also is supposed to work.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: OT - Tomato Plants by pjcooks (Well, Denise, that p...)
My neighbor grows his tomatoes upsidedown. He set a post in the garden and put 2 cross-bars on it so he can grow 4 hanging tomato plants. Seems to work for him. Shultz has come out with an insecticide that is made with organic stuff. Check it out at your outdoor garden store.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: OT - Tomato Plants by bjcotton (My neighbor grows hi...)
I have heard about pepper water, with red pepper flakes. But wasn't sure of the 'mix' and didn't want to burn the leaves or know that was even possible.
  Re: Re: OT - Tomato Plants by bjcotton (My neighbor grows hi...)
Here are some upside down tomatoes! I hear this works with zucchini, peppers, tomatoes, egg plants, beans, jalapenos... Not sure what else, but I wanna try it!

[Image: buckets6605.jpg]
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: OT - Tomato Plants by luvnit (Here are some upside...)
uses some sort of soap. It's not harmful and not too effective either - that's been my experience.

Sally
  Re: Safer by lxxf (uses some sort of so...)
What's the purpose of the plants upside down???
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Safer by cjs (What's the purpose o...)
Must be good for Chinese and Australian food.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Safer by labradors (Must be good for Chi...)
I ordered 5 Apache/Commanche/Cherokee or whatever Purple tomato plants. They are due to be shipped May 1st. I've never even seen the purple tomatoes, but I'm going to try to grow some.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy