help please!
  Re: (...)
Hello-

I am having company over for dinner soon and was going to go shopping so I went to get my issue 54 to get the ingredients for the shrimp stuffed filet mignon and appearently my 3yr old beat me to it the entire thing is colored and riped and appears to have gotten wet some how (I'm almost affraid to know how) I guess thats what happens when mommy goes back to work but anyway....If anyone has the recipe I would be so happy...I already promised my guest and dont have time to order the book which includes the recipe...any help would be great.
  Re: help please! by agill18 (Hello-[br][br]I am h...)
Is this what you're looking for?

Shrimp Étouffée Stuffed Filet Mignon
(Cuisine at home, December 2005, Issue 54, p. 8)

Makes: 4 Stuffed Filets Total Time: 1 Hour + Chilling Rating: Intermediate

For the Filling —
Saute; Stir in:
2 strips thick-sliced bacon, diced
2 T. all-purpose flour
1 T. tomato paste

Add:
1/4 cup celery, diced
1/4 cup green bell pepper, minced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 t. Worcestershire sauce
1/4 t. ground thyme

Stir in and Cool:
2/3 cup beef or chicken broth
1 cup shrimp, peeled, deveined, and diced (8 oz.)
Salt and Tabasco to taste

For the Filets —
Tie and Sear; Cut Pockets in:
4 filet mignon steaks, 2 inches thick (about 8 oz. each)
Salt and pepper
3 T. olive oil

Stuff with:
Shrimp Étouffée Filling, above

Pulse; Top Steaks with:
1 slice white or wheat bread, buttered
3 sprigs fresh parsley leaves

Saute bacon in a skillet over medium heat until fat is rendered but bacon is not yet crisp, about 3 minutes. Stir in flour and tomato paste; cook until mixture darkens slightly, about 3 more minutes.

Add celery, bell pepper, garlic, Worcestershire, and thyme. Cook until vegetables soften, 3-4 minutes.

Stir in broth and shrimp; simmer until thickened, about 7 minutes. Season with salt and Tabasco. Cool, then stuff filets.

Tie filets, as shown on right; pat dry with paper towels and season. Sear steaks in oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat for 5 minutes on each side. Transfer to a cooling rack; cut pockets in filets, as shown on right.

Stuff steaks with filling as on right. (Stuffed filets may be covered with plastic and chilled for up to 24 hours. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before roasting.)

Pulse bread and parsley in a food processor until crumbly. Sprinkle on top of stuffed filets just before finishing in the oven. Preheat oven to 400°. Roast filets on a rack for 20-30 minutes. Let rest, then remove strings before serving. Shown here served with Béarnaise Sauce.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: help please! by bjcotton (Is this what you're ...)
Thank You Soooooooooo much!!!!
  Re: Re: help please! by agill18 (Thank You Sooooooooo...)
You are soooo welcome. Anytime!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: help please! by bjcotton (You are soooo welcom...)
And you will so love them! I've done all the stuffed filets in that issue! The gorgonzola and spinach is our fav.
  Re: Re: help please! by DFen911 (And you will so love...)
Mighty fine looking recipe...copied myself.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: help please! by firechef (Mighty fine looking ...)
Welcome, agill18! That sounds like a great recipe. Of course, I don't like shrimp, so I would use crawfish, but then again, I can't get crawfish here, so I'd have to use lobster and see if I could get any decent beef.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: help please! by labradors (Welcome, agill18! T...)
I too welcome agill18! So Denise are you just going to tease me or are you going to share more about this Gorgonzola and spinach stuffed fillet??? Sounds good, but I am real thankful the original question came up as I would never know this recipe existed...that would have been a shame...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: help please! by firechef (I too welcome agill1...)
Here ya go, LJ.

Spinach-Blue Cheese Stuffed Filet Mignon
(Cuisine at home, December 2005, Issue 54, p. 10)

Makes: 4 Stuffed Filets Total Time: 1 Hour + Chilling Rating: Intermediate

For the Filling —
Saute and Add:
3 strips thick-sliced bacon, diced
6 cups fresh spinach, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup dry sherry

Combine:
Spinach mixture
1 cup blue cheese, crumbled
1 T. minced fresh thyme
Salt and pepper to taste

For the Filets —
Tie and Sear; Cut Pockets in:
4 filet mignon steaks, 2 inches thick (about 8 oz. each)
Salt and pepper
3 T. olive oil

Stuff Filling into Filets; Top with:
2 T. Parmesan cheese, shredded

Related Recipes:

Shrimp Étouffée Stuffed Filet Mignon

Béarnaise Sauce

Warm Roasted Vegetable Salad

Saute bacon in a saute pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add garlic and spinach; stir to coat with drippings. Add sherry and cook until nearly evaporated, about 5 minutes, scraping up the bits from the pan. Cool slightly.

Combine spinach mixture with cheese, thyme, and seasonings.

Tie filets; pat dry with paper towels and season. Sear steaks in oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat for 5 minutes on each side. Transfer to a cooling rack; cut pockets in filets, as shown.

Stuff steaks with filling using a small spoon to push the filling under the flaps of meat. Pile more filling on top of the flaps. (Stuffed filets may be covered with plastic and chilled for up to 24 hours. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before roasting.) Sprinkle tops of filets with cheese just before finishing in the oven. Preheat oven to 400°. Roast filets on a rack for 20–30 minutes. Let rest, then remove strings before serving. Shown here with Béarnaise Sauce and Warm Roasted Vegetable Salad.

Nutrition Information (Per filet):
843 calories 55% calories from fat 52g total fat 12g carb. 985mg sodium 8g fiber 79g protein

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
© August Home Publishing Company
www.CuisineAtHome.com

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: help please! by firechef (I too welcome agill1...)
OMG LJ, this recipe was the BEST filet recipe hubby and I ever had. It was WONDERFUL! We made it 3 or 4 times right after we got the issue. It was just so good, easy, impressive, you could prep it well in advance. So many gret things about this one. Sorry, I have not photo. I looked. Darn.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura