Jean, I found another use for Nutella!
  Re: (...)
In the April issue of Gourmet (yes I know it is a "rival" magazine but I get several and use C@H the most...) on page 72 I found a recipe with NUTELLA in the title...

Oven Crespella with Nutella Sauce...

It is a simple recipe but not so sure if I should post it or not since it is their latest issue...??? It is worth checking out. I am not sure if it is on www.epicurious.com yet or not.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Jean, I found another use for Nutella! by firechef (In the April issue o...)
Well, I'll be it is online at www.epicurious.com after all and like Jean says it is pretty much "free game" once it is online...don't know if I agree or not...but here it is...

Gourmet, April 2008

by Melissa Roberts

OVEN CRESPELLA WITH NUTELLA SAUCE

Gooey Nutella has long been a guilty pleasure, and we can't think of a better way to enjoy it than as a sweet, creamy sauce spooned over the tender middle and crisp edges of this baked pancake.

Active time: 15 min Start to finish: 40 min

Servings: Makes 4 to 6 servings

Ingredients

3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 large eggs
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups plus 3 tablespoons whole milk, divided
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread such as Nutella

Garnish: confectioners sugar
Accompaniment: chopped strawberries
Preparation

Put a 12-inch ovenproof heavy skillet in middle of oven and preheat oven to 450°F.

Whisk together flour, eggs, sugar, vanilla, salt, and 1 1/2 cups milk in a bowl.

Add butter to skillet and heat in oven until golden, about 1 minute. Pour batter into skillet and bake until puffed, set, and golden, 20 to 25 minutes.

Meanwhile, whisk together Nutella and remaining 3 tablespoons milk until smooth. Thin sauce with additional milk if necessary.

Cool pancake in skillet on a rack 5 minutes (it will sink). Dust with confectioners sugar and drizzle with sauce. Serve with berries.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Jean, I found another use for Nutella! by firechef (Well, I'll be it is ...)
oh geez, right buy a jar of the stuff for this and then what???? Sit and eat the rest with a spoon?????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Jean, I found another use for Nutella! by cjs (oh geez, right buy a...)
Or on toast, or on bread or on a car bumper...EVERYTHING tastes better with Nutella. My only problem with eating it with a spoon is I have to be careful NOT to eat the spoon.
  Re: Re: Jean, I found another use for Nutella! by firechef (Or on toast, or on b...)
that's what I meant - can't have the stuff in the house!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Jean, I found another use for Nutella! by cjs (that's what I meant ...)
O.K. on my shopping spree yesterday, I picked up three pkgs. (little) to try this recipe out. NO WAY would I buy a darn jar of this!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Jean, I found another use for Nutella! by cjs (O.K. on my shopping ...)
I just finished a jar this morning with toast and coffee...should avoid buying more as it is a treat I can (not) live without.

I had never had it until someone over on C2C mentioned it and being the curious type I had to try it...
  Re: Re: Jean, I found another use for Nutella! by firechef (I just finished a ja...)
Finally broke down and bought some of this (the big jar). Until now, I had only known it from the Ferrero Rocher candies - this was the first time I had tried it "straight."

Wow! I think I'll just be catatonic for a while now, in amazement and appreciation of this marvellous mélange.

Tomorrow, I'm going to get some ice cream upon which to use it!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Jean, I found another use for Nutella! by labradors (Finally broke down a...)
Great idea...maybe slightly warmed over ice cream???

Glad you have found the vice of my life. I hope it does not take away from the great work you do in Honduras.
  Re: Re: Jean, I found another use for Nutella! by firechef (Great idea...maybe s...)

Quote:

...maybe slightly warmed over ice cream???

Okay. That brings up a question. Why do they have, in big letters (almost like a warning) "DO NOT REFRIGERATE OR MICROWAVE"? Does it contain metal, or something?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?