Share a Recipe Cookbook--dinner review
  Re: (...)
I was scrounging around today for a recipe that is fairly light but also filling....I checked my cupboard and started with a can of tuna....didn't really want a heavy casserole sooo....I went to Jean's cookbook and came across the Linguini with Tuna and Tomatoes...what a delightful meal this was for me. All of the components I love in a meal but not that feeling of heaviness after the pasta.

The only sub I made was basil (I LOVE BASIL) for the parsley.....

Very nice recipe and I will make this again!!

BTW---if you would like to have the recipe and you do not have this book (a gem!!!) then you are gonna just have to buy the book--- CONTACT Jean------
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Share a Recipe Cookbook--dinner review by Roxanne 21 (I was scrounging aro...)
We told you that book would come in handy
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Share a Recipe Cookbook--dinner review by bjcotton (We told you that boo...)
Hey, I know the person who submitted that recipe!! Basil is a great idea for that - I just made the note on the recipe. And, while it's in my mind, I think I shall just make that one night very soon.

Thanks Roxanne!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Share a Recipe Cookbook--dinner review by cjs (Hey, I know the pers...)
Geez, I don't even remember seeing that one! But, I have leftover pasta, lots of tomatoes and tuna. Maybe I can inprovise. Thanks for the review!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Share a Recipe Cookbook--dinner review by Lorraine (Geez, I don't even r...)
Haven't made this one in a long time, either.....hmmm. Perfect traveling dish and we're now headed home!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Share a Recipe Cookbook--dinner review by cjs (Haven't made this on...)
I love that book. So many great ideas in there for good down-to-earth meals. With the cold weather coming soon, I will be looking through it again. Especially love Roberto's recipe for sausage, potatoes, and peppers.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Share a Recipe Cookbook--dinner review by Mare749 (I love that book. So...)
Me too, Maryann
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Share a Recipe Cookbook--dinner review by cjs (Me too, Maryann...)
Anon was looking at this thread!! What good timing as I'm also cleaning out the pantry. And, I have more tuna!! Dinner tomorrow, I think.

This book is still for sale if you don't have it - it is the book that all the $$$$ go to chef scholarships! So, it is a good cause. (and, I have a few with me )
www.achefsjourney.com