OT - Founder of "Autism Speaks" to be on CBS
  Re: (...)
The founder of Autism Speaks is going to be on the CBS Early Show this morning - within the next hour, I think (see this message's posting time).

For a separate segment, Bill Cosby will also be talking about education - always interesting.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: OT - Founder of "Autism Speaks" to be on CBS by labradors (The founder of Autis...)
I heard about this, but didn't know the station... been flipping, now I can focus. Thanks!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: OT - Founder of "Autism Speaks" to be on CBS by luvnit (I heard about this, ...)
Speaking of which, I finally was able to tape the HBO show I mentioned last week(or week before). Haven't looked at it yet, but we will within the next few days.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: OT - Founder of "Autism Speaks" to be on CBS by cjs (Speaking of which, I...)
The Bill Cosby segment has already been on, but not the Autism segment, but there's still a little more than an hour left in the show.

Not sure how/if the show is any different in other time zones - I'm watching it on a Denver channel.
  Re: Re: OT - Founder of "Autism Speaks" to be on CBS by cjs (Speaking of which, I...)
Let us know what you think when you watch it. Amazon had no reviews on it yet, probably cause it's not for sale until May. But I'd like to know what you think.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: OT - Founder of "Autism Speaks" to be on CBS by luvnit (Let us know what you...)
The CBS spot was just on. Interesting.
  Re: Re: OT - Founder of "Autism Speaks" to be on CBS by labradors (The CBS spot was jus...)
There was a program on our local radio yesterday with a young lady that has TRIPLETS, 12 year old boys with autism. What an amazing story she has---especially with the fact that she is a single parent! Amazing---the best I learned is that this disability can be managed at home---NOT an institutional life-----WOW!!!!

ACCOLADES to you, Laura---- and all who have to manage. Mindblowing----the patience and hours needed....love is the word of the day!!!

I would love to have viewed that program---WWHHHAAAAAAA!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: OT - Founder of "Autism Speaks" to be on CBS by labradors (The Bill Cosby segme...)
I just watched a segment on CNN International---the Brandts have a son with autism and are "responsible" for the creation of "Autism Day"-----Mr Brandt is a diplomat for the UN and Mrs. is involved in the Autism Society----she is dynamite and is very passionate about this problem. I don't know if y'all get this locally but well worth the watch if you do!!
  Re: Re: OT - Founder of "Autism Speaks" to be on CBS by Roxanne 21 (I just watched a seg...)
I love the attention Autism gets from Fox Sports and their NASCAR coverage...each week they do a lot for "Autism Speaks" and have at least four or five PSAs during the races. It is not uncommon for a driver or two to have the "puzzle piece" painted somewhere on their cars...so glad it is getting the attention it deserves.

BTW-April is Parkinson's Research Month as well...look for local hospitals and clinics to be sponsoring walks and fund raisers. If they don't, bug them about it!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: OT - Founder of "Autism Speaks" to be on CBS by firechef (I love the attention...)
OKAY!!!! Will do---there is a pretty great community here already involved with Parkinson's and exposure to the general public. Another great radio expose the other day with more to come!!!