Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies???
  Re: (...)
My mother's husband used to love a no longer in production Keebler cookie that was a coconut chocolate chip cookie...they have tried reproducing it by adding coconut to all of their and my chocolate chip cookie recipes but it isn't the same...anyone ever make anything like this???

FYI...a chocolate chip coconut macaroon does not cut it either...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies??? by firechef (My mother's husband ...)
Hmmmm, I add everything else to my cookies, why not some coconut? Let me think about it.....

I decided to Google them first. Pleasse understand I haven't tried either one. Here's two:

* Exported from MasterCook *

Chewy Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 15 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : A List Cakes-Pies-Cookies

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
3/4 c. all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. salt
4 lg. eggs -- room temperature
3/4 c. granulated sugar
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
4 c. sweetened flaked coconut
1 1/2 c. miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line several sheets with foil. Butter and flour them. In medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder, salt. In large bowl with mixer at high speed, beat eggs and sugar for 4 to 5 minutes, until thickened and light-colored. Beat in vanilla by hand. Using rubber spatula, stir in flour until just combined. Fold in coconut and chocolate chips.

Drop by heaping tablespoons onto baking sheets, leaving 2 inches between cookies. Bake one sheet at a time, 15 to 18 minutes, until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire rack and cool 10 minutes. When cool, store in airtight container. Makes approximately 30 cookies.

Source:
"Cooks.com"

Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : A List Cakes-Pies-Cookies

1/2 cup butter or margarine -- softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
1 1/8 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup flaked coconut

In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg and coconut extract; mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and coconut.

Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375 degrees F for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.

Source:
"Allrecipes"
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies??? by firechef (My mother's husband ...)
LJ, You have to try these cookies. They are good. I eat way to many. I know it sounds weird with the pudding in them, but just try them.

I use a mix 3 to 1 semi sweet chips and milk chocolate, and I am sure you could use coconut in place of the nuts - I would start with 1 cup and see how it looks before adding more. You need to refrigerate the dough over night or for at least a few hours. I make a oatmeal cookie that I put white choc chips, dried cherries and coconut in. They are very good.

Chocolate Chip Pudding cookies

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 72 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Deserts

4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 cups butter -- softened
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 packages instant vanilla pudding mix -- (3.4 ounce)
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sift together the flour and
baking soda, set aside.

In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar.
Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and
vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips
and nuts. Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Edges should be golden
brown.

Best to let sit in refrigerator for an hour or ovenight before baking.

NOTES : I usually make the dough the night before, and chill it
over night in the fridge.

Good with a mix of semisweet and milk chocolate chips. 3
to 1 cup

Freezes well uncooked
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies??? by esgunn (LJ, You have to try...)
Thank you Billy and Erin...I will try them all and pass them all to my mother to try making for her husband.

Billy, I know you understand where I am coming from here...her husband, Dennis, and I started cooking together two years after I started my first restaurant job at his favourite restaurant. He worked with my mother's then husband so I knew him well. At 16 I started cooking with him and inventing our own recipes. He is a part of why I moved to Iowa and had my own restaurant for quite some time. I have watched him deteriorate so much in the past few years. In fact his health is a big part of why we closed my restaurant as well. Now, my mother is doing the cooking. She can cook but he is as close as you can get to being a "Chef" without being a "Chef." He loves food and all of the hows and whys of food and enjoys it all...he is passionate about food...now as he continues to deteriorate he can not stand or sit long enough to prepare the simplest dishes...so my mother is trying to replicate what he enjoys and can still manage to eat or at least try to eat...

Thanks for letting babble and try making someone I care about happy through food...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies??? by firechef (Thank you Billy and ...)
Good luck on your quest LJ! I hope you get to deliver a big ol' plate of the perfect cookie soon!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies??? by Gourmet_Mom (Good luck on your qu...)
Looks like you can buy them here -

http://www2.kelloggs.com/Brand/brand.aspx?brand=129
  Re: Re: Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies??? by DFen911 (Looks like you can b...)
That's cool and I will still attempt these recipes as well...