MC 9 Question
  Re: (...)
Somehow, my homepage reloaded. I think it was a Dell upgrade that I didn't do and of course, NOBODY knows anything about it...hmmmm? Anyway, my MC toolbar tab is not on here anymore. Is there a way to add it back without reloading the software and having to move my recipes? It's not THAT big of a deal, but I was hoping for a shortcut.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: MC 9 Question by Gourmet_Mom (Somehow, my homepage...)
MC9 help only describes the tool bar's features. So does the Web Import Bar Help screen.

Your icon might be hidden. On the tool bar next to Tools with the little gear icon, on mine it's far right in the lowest ribbon, there is a double arrow pointing right >>. Click on the double arrows to see if it is in that list. That's where mine is.

If that doesn't work, there doesn't seem to be a way to easily just reinstall the web tool bar from the MC9 program. So, you'd have to reinstall MC9. Before doing that, create a back up, just in case. In MC9, Click on File, then Back Up and Merge. Choose the Back Up Tab. There check every box and verify the file name and destination. The default is usually just fine. Click on the Back up button. Then you can put the program disk in your drive and follow the installation prompts.

Good Luck!
  Re: Re: MC 9 Question by HomeCulinarian (MC9 help only descri...)
In your internet explorer up at the top where you see File, Edit, View click on View, then on Toolsbars and check the one for MC. If it's checked, try unchecking it and rechecking it.
  Re: Re: MC 9 Question by DFen911 (In your internet exp...)
I ended up exporting my MC9 cookbooks, deleting MC and reinstalling. When you inport them make sure the box about importing the categories is checked too. Then just setup your cookbooks, import everything you exported and you will recreat your cookbooks along with the appropriate categories. If you need a more detailed "How to" let me know.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: MC 9 Question by HomeCulinarian (MC9 help only descri...)
Mine is in the same place HC said hers is. Next to Tools there is a >> I just click that and a little drop down box appears and it is there.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: MC 9 Question by esgunn (Mine is in the same ...)
See, I've always had it, but somebody...I'm not calling any names...clicked on some kind of Dell update that reinstalled my web browser. ARGGG! When that was done, my toolbar was brought back to basic and MC no longer appears ANYWHERE! I think the only thing to do is to reload the thing! I soooo didn't want to have to do that. Why do people have to "mess" with my stuff?!?!?!?
Daphne
  Re: Re: MC 9 Question by Gourmet_Mom (See, I've always had...)
Quote:

Why do people have to "mess" with my stuff?!?!?!?

Cause they can!

We are different "users" here. That way when I log on, the computer is set to my preferences, as it is for everyone else's when they log on. Or, you can be the administrator and set the other user's privileges so not to let any one else download programs. That may not be acceptable to the other users. It's a control thing and how important it is to you that things not change without you knowing about it first.
  Re: Re: MC 9 Question by HomeCulinarian ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Thank God "he" has his own computer!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: MC 9 Question by cjs (Thank God "he" has h...)
Good idea HC. I've never taken the time to set them up with their own log in. I will after this!
Daphne
  Re: Re: MC 9 Question by Gourmet_Mom (Good idea HC. I've ...)
That's why I gave Old What's His Name my old computer and touching my new one and my laptop is verboten!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy