T.G.I.F. Dinner - 4/4
  Re: (...)
What's everyone up to? Company coming again for the weekend and I'm thinking maybe a couple of things from April's Gourmet - Capellini with Shrimp and Creamy Tomato Sauce and Truffled Taleggio & Mushroom Pizza. The flavors are just calling out to me.

Tried a new pasta dish last nite and was completely underwhelmed - Penne with Cauliflower and Leeks - sounded good, but sure needs something to jazz it up a bit.

geez, pasta last nite, pasta tonight plus pizza....maybe no carbs for a few nites to come.... Like the sausage-stuffed portobellas from SmartCarb cooking, or beef & mushroom stir fry. decisions, decisions.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 4/4 by cjs (What's everyone up t...)
I am thinking something pork as I am "chickened out" and last night I made burritos (beef and been) and a small pot of "refried" beans along with a salad of mixed greens, banana peppers (sweet kind) red bell peppers, and quartered Roma tomatoes and a "Mexican Blend" shredded cheese and a homemade dressing loosely based on a ranch but thicker (like a Blue) and with a seasoning blend I had left from one of the samples a distributer gave me a while back.

Maybe a Pork Loin Parmesan done like a Chicken Parmesan on a bed of Rigatoni, baked of course. Simple but good. Will have Holly get some good bread before she leaves town...yup that's supper with an Italian Field Greens salad with fresh Parmesan, the quartered Roma tomatoes again and maybe even the banana peppers and some pepperoni? Now for a dressing...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 4/4 by firechef (I am thinking someth...)
I have no idea...I have some left over game hen I did with balsamic and orange glaze. I think I'll make some ravioli.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 4/4 by DFen911 (I have no idea...I h...)
I will add something to roasted brussel sprouts Haven't quite decided yet but maybe a light lemon/dill sauce?? GOTCHA!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 4/4 by DFen911 (I have no idea...I h...)
Maybe those "mousse cakes" for dessert...I'll practice them before I spring them on my future mother-in-law...that will end everything nice I am sure.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 4/4 by firechef (Maybe those "mousse ...)
Don't count on it!!!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 4/4 by Roxanne 21 (Don't count on it!!!...)
She's from Iowa she's a push over compared to a New Hampshire mother-in-law would be...yikes!

Give her chocolate and she's happy. That or my Greek Pasta or just remind her how cute her baby granddaughter is...that my friend always works.
Not sure here. Just ate a nice banquet luncheon, including cheesecake for dessert. Hubby will be hungry, tho. He's been asking for steak on Fridays recently. Maybe tonight would be a good night for pizza.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner - 4/4 by firechef (She's from Iowa she'...)
Ah HA!!! You got the touch---CHOCOLATE is most ALWAYS the best-----however, I think the granddaughter is the piece de resistance (sorry labs, can't figger out how to do those accents ague---you can teach me, the computer illiterate is speaking---HELP!!!!!)
Okay so Truffled Taleggio is a truffle enhanced cheese? That is what I am gathering online. Or am I incorrect?

Sounds like it would be lovely together.

I adore mushrooms.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura