Sharon!! About That Cheese
  Re: (...)
Stopped in Central Market yesterday looking for (among other goodies) the cheese you and Bob had a while back -
Tartufo Moliterno (infused w/black truffles). Was disappointed to hear they do carry it, but were out of it.

But, they did have -

My label says Mitica “Sottoceniere” with Truffles, but when I googled it, only the below spelling showed up.

“Sottocenere means "under ashes" in Italian, and the cheese is actually buried in a mixture of ash and spices, notably cinnamon, allspice and clove (J’s note: another site also added nutmeg, ccoriander, licorice, fennel). This semi-soft cow's milk cheese also has a healthy dose of black and white truffle to give it a deliciously unusual flavor profile. Wine choices could be challenging, but light reds from Dolcetto to Pinot Noir would be worth a try.”

What a nice cheese this is!

Where are you Sharon and what are you up to?? You're not still sick are you?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sharon!! About That Cheese by cjs (Stopped in Central M...)
She sounded terrible the last time I talked to her, a couple of weeks ago.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Sharon!! About That Cheese by bjcotton (She sounded terrible...)
bringing this back up to the top now tht Sharon's back!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sharon!! About That Cheese by cjs (bringing this back u...)
Oh Jean - we've had this one too and until I tried the new one I thought this was my favorite cheese in the world. Of course that triple cream brie with the truffles was pretty d@mn good too! Absolute decadence but oh so necessary to life!

You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!