Sunday Dinner 4/6
  Re: (...)
Homemade pizza's

Napoli style (very very thin crust), serve with some asparagus wrapped in prosciutto and chianti.
  Re: Sunday Dinner 4/6 by DFen911 (Homemade pizza's [im...)
We made the pimento bacon cheeseburgers and outrageous baked beans. Yummy!!!
Meg
[url] www.meglucas.com [url]
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner 4/6 by mlucas1 (We made the pimento ...)
Denise, we're doing pizzas tomorrow night. I am trying to learn to use my leftovers creatively and plan ahead. Last night we had Thai Chicken Skewer Wraps. Tonight we had the Basic Meatball recipe with the Tomato Sauce. I took everyone's advice and reduced the hot stuff. One other change was to use 1:1:2 ground chicken, ground round, and Italian sausage. It was fantastic!

I also made up a loaf of bread, enough pasta for two dinners(one tonight and one ball of dough frozen for another dinner), and enough dough for 4 pizzas (two for tomorrow night and two frozen for another dinner). Using leftovers...I used the veggies from the Thai Chicken Skewer Wraps for salad tonight. Tomorrow night, I'll use leftover marinara (made extra for pizzas) and meatballs (made extra to freeze for another dinner and for pizza). There's enough salad to got with pizzas tomorrow night and the leftover Thai Chicken Skewers will be used on a Thai Pizza. Confused...LOL...so am I!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner 4/6 by Gourmet_Mom ( Denise, we're doing...)
l/o pot roast again...it's gone....so's he

Tomorrow, Aunt Pearl's Swedish Meatballs, yum
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner 4/6 by bjcotton (l/o pot roast again....)
Billy those are Grandma Pearl's! Aunt Opal never cooked anything that I can remember.

Tonight was Achiote Pork, Chicken Mole, Anasazi beans, hominy with diced jalapenos, and tortillas. Jennifer now knows my secret mole recipe and I'm so stuffed that I am now going to go crawl to bed to digest my dinner in comfort!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner 4/6 by Harborwitch (Billy those are Gran...)
I did a bbq pork chop (boneless for Holly of course) and the sauce was OK but was missing something...it needed something. It was good but just didn't seem right.

Sweet Bourbon BBQ Sauce...

3/4 C Ketchup
1/3 C Maple Syrup
1/4 C Bourbon
1/4 C Vegetable Oil
2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
2 Tbsp Cider Vinegar

Mix all well and baste on meat as grilling.

I am thinking some minced garlic and some minced onion might do the trick but will take any ideas anyone is willing to serve up.

I did my baked beans in the smoker with a touch of Bourbon and brown sugar in place of the molasses and another bag of last years cream corn made from the good old Iowa Sweet Corn. Plenty of fiber tonight...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner 4/6 by firechef (I did a bbq pork cho...)
In the afternoon, we got to work in the back yard - clean up mostly. For dinner we had a pasta dish with pork and peppers. Then we went to the Symphony fund raiser. Garrison Keillor was the special guest. He was funny and it was a fun time. Stopped at the custard shop for a dessert where teenage daughter got a job for the season. Hubby and I both had their version of a turtle Sunday.

It was a good day!
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner 4/6 by HomeCulinarian (In the afternoon, we...)
We had roasted chix & roasted red bell pepper panini with Fontina. Plus a bowl of Roasted red pepper & tomato soup.

LJ, remembered these sauces when I posted on the 'best recipes thread' - these two sauces were with the coke-brined chix and are they every good!

Bourbon BBQ

1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup each: ketchup, apple cider vinegar & bourbon
1 T. worcestershire sauce

Simmer the ingred. together for 5 minutes.
Off heat, season with: salt and red pepper flakes to taste.

Sweet Carolina

1/4 cup each: honey, apple cider vinegar & prepared yellow mustard
1/2 tsp. salt

Simmer the ingredients together for 5 minutes.
Off heat, season with: red pepper flakes to tasste.

These are really tasty sauces.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner 4/6 by cjs (We had roasted chix ...)
It's been a long time since I was that disappointed in a meal. I had bought lamb shanks. I didn't want to braise them, as we're having osso bocco this week. So, someone suggested marinating them in OO, garlic and fresh rosemary, then cooking them low and slow tightly covered with foil. The house smelled wonderful, they were very tender, then the first bite. MUTTON!!!!!!!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner 4/6 by Lorraine (It's been a long tim...)
That is always a kick to the palate...in northern New England mutton is popular. Go figure...no accounting for the taste of them some days.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)