Meatballs
  Re: (...)
I can't find a CAH recipie for meatballs that I did a couple of years back. They were delicious and wondered if anyone would know in which issue I could find it?
  Re: Meatballs by SuzyQ (I can't find a CAH r...)
There are a bunch of them in a thread on here that is pretty active now...about being finally back or something is the topic. I am pretty new here so that is the best I can tell you. Scroll through that thread and see what you find...

Welcome aboard by the way
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Meatballs by firechef (There are a bunch of...)
There are a bunch in the thread with this title...She's baaaaaaaaaaaack (finally, whew!) Hope that helps some and someone should be along in a bit that might be able to help. Check out www.cookingtheworld.com as Labs has a "directory" of sorts that would tell you the issues with some of the C@H recipes in them.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Meatballs by firechef (There are a bunch in...)
Thanks so much. I'll check out the website.
  Re: Re: Meatballs by SuzyQ (Thanks so much. I'l...)
He is a "regular" contributer here on the forums...great help just like everyone else here.
  Re: Meatballs by SuzyQ (I can't find a CAH r...)
SuzyQ,

Here is the basic meatball recipe from C@H. Welcome to the forum!

Basic Meatballs

Stir together:
1 cup unseasoned bread crumbs
3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
1/2 cup whole milk
1/2 cup low sodium beef broth
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
3 eggs, beaten
2 T. dried oregano
1 T. garlic, minced
1 T. kosher salt
1 T. ground black pepper
2 t. dried basil--or a bunch of fresh!!!!
1 t. crushed red pepper flakes
Pinch nutmeg

Add; Shape:
2 lb. ground chuck

Cover bottom of pan with:
1 cup low sodium beef broth

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2. Stir together all ingredients except ground meat in a large bowl.
3. Add the ground chuck and mix together thoroughly.
4. Shape the mixture into balls about 2"in diameter.
5. Coat a baking sheet or shallow roasting pan with nonstick cooking spray. Space the meatballs so that they are not crowded together.
6. Cover the bottom of the pan with beef broth.
7. Bake for 25 minutes or until the meatballs are just cooked through. Reserve pan juices for sauce.

Tomato sauce

Saute in 1/4 cup olive oil:
1 1/2 cups yellow onion, diced
Stir in:
2 t. garlic, minced
Add and simmer:
3 cans (14 1/2 oz each) whole plum tomatoes, crushed
1/2 cup reserved meatball pan drippings
1/2 cup minced fresh parsely
1 T. sugar
1 t. crushed red pepper flakes
Salt to taste

Subs:

1. Prepare 4 6" hoagie buns, hollowed. Brush with 2 T. olive oil
2. Fill with, bake:
Mozzarella cheese--until melted and browned
Fill with tomato sauce and meatballs
3. Top with:
Tomato sauce and grated parmesan
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Meatballs by luvnit (SuzyQ, [br][br]Here ...)
Laura, is that the one from Issue #35? There are so darn many meatball recipes floating around Cuisine-land.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Meatballs by cjs (Laura, is that the o...)
Jean, this is the basic recipe I made last night, so I had it at hand. Yes, Issue 35.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Meatballs by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, this is the ba...)
that was a good one - I hope Erin comes on to this thread. She started me on a meatball excursion that made meatballs for 3 or 4 different meals, but I can't remember if it was a C@H idea or one that she found somewhere else.

(when she sees this title, she'll come in, I'm sure )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Meatballs by cjs (that was a good one ...)
I made Sharon's Grandmother Pearls Swedish Meatball recipe today. The meatballs and everything is mixed sitting in the refrigerator until tomorrow. Got tired in the middle so decided to finish tomorrow. Of course I didn't read through the whole recipe first, so screwed up and didn't sauté the onions and garlic.

Someone should have told me about buying whole cardamon! Shame on you! After I read the side of the bottle I figured I had to open the shells, get the seeds out and then grind them...if I had known they were little bitty suckers I'd have bought ground cardamon. Oh well, all that ends well, etc., etc.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy