Pizza Dough ?
  Re: (...)
So, I have my pizza dough in the fridge. Do I let it come to room temperature or stretch and spin right out of the fridge? The last time I did it right out of the fridge, I did not get as good a product that I got when I used it when it was freshly made.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Pizza Dough ? by Gourmet_Mom (So, I have my pizza ...)
I like room temperature dough for "man-handling" although I am sure others use it cold. I have always found room temperature is easier for tossing as well. Remember to use your knuckles if you toss your dough...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Pizza Dough ? by firechef (I like room temperat...)
When Andrew came in yesterday and saw that I was making pizza dough, he asked if he could toss it when I went to make the pizza. I laughed and said I preferred my pizza without dog hair and dirt!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Pizza Dough ? by Gourmet_Mom (When Andrew came in ...)
Almost forgot, since I had better success, and I don't think it will make a difference, I've set it out to come to room temp.
Daphne
  Re: Pizza Dough ? by Gourmet_Mom (So, I have my pizza ...)
I typically use it a room temp too. I never really thought of it. But it does sit out for a while and rise and room temp and I use it that way.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Pizza Dough ? by luvnit (I typically use it a...)
"although I am sure others use it cold. : - ?? why would you think that, LJ?? You can't do anything with cold pizza dough.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pizza Dough ? by cjs ("although I am sure ...)
And there's the lady that gave me the recipe, confirming my suspicion after trying it cold...it doesn't shape well, hold its shape well, or crisp up as well. It's resting on the counter now.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Pizza Dough ? by Gourmet_Mom (And there's the lady...)
I DID tell you about the mushroom, tallegio and truffle oil pizza, didn't I - that was about the best combination of flavors I've tasted in so long. One more pizza 'ball' in the freezer.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pizza Dough ? by cjs (I DID tell you about...)
Oh yea, that's on the list for when I can find the cheese and the truffle oil. YUMMY!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Pizza Dough ? by Gourmet_Mom (Oh yea, that's on th...)
One more question, do I precook the dough? Everything is cooked.
Daphne