Recipes.........
  Re: (...)
I have decided to go through my recipes and begin deleting some of them. Whenever I see a recipe I think sounds good, I copy it to a cookbook in MC. I presently have over 2000 recipes in my one cookbook, it contains favorites and those I've copied, including those that I now figure I'll NEVER make. Do y'all ever cull through your recipes and throw some out?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Recipes......... by bjcotton (I have decided to go...)
Holly would like me to...I actually have over 1 million PRINTED out from various web sites...some even have your name on them Billy. Some have Sharon's, Lorraine's, Jean's and even Daphne's Daddy's BBQ Sauce that she shared on another forum. I had to print the story of that one too...that way when I make it I can make sure the story of the recipe lives on with those I share the "finished product" with.

I don't think I get rid of any recipes. I try to eliminate doubles however...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Recipes......... by firechef (Holly would like me ...)
AWWWW! Thanks LJ!

I recently went through and reorganized my MC9 and culled some of the stuff, but not much...mostly duplicates and the few I'd made that were bombs.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Recipes......... by Gourmet_Mom (AWWWW! Thanks LJ![b...)
I keep the "bombs" so I know them if I find them again so I don't "bomb" again.

As for the BBQ Sauce...I am trying it when I do my 22 pound whole pork shoulder later this spring. The stories behind recipes are so much a part of the recipe so they need to be shared...I bet someone is going to ask about what we are talking about so if I were you I'd get ready to share it with more friends that are going to appreciate it just as much as I do...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Recipes......... by bjcotton (I have decided to go...)
I do, Billy. Every once in a while, I eliminate recipes that I know will never get made for one reason or another. It gets overwhelming for me otherwise. Then, I go through what's left and plan some meals that haven't been made in a while. That Indian style chicken breast is one that recently got put on the to-do list. We loved that.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Recipes......... by Mare749 (I do, Billy. Every ...)
Great minds and all that, Billy! I'm going thru my M.C. cookbooks right now also - some of the recipes I wonder what the h*ll I was thinking saving them. This project will keep me off the streets for a while...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Recipes......... by cjs (Great minds and all ...)
I have one recipe in particular that I wonder why I kept, it's called "Priestchoker." Don't know any priests so don't know why I'd want to choke 'em.

Billy
  Re: Re: Recipes......... by bjcotton (I have one recipe in...)
As a former Alter Boy I am not going there at all Billy. That is twice in one week I've had to say this, "Shame on you Billy!"
  Re: Re: Recipes......... by firechef (As a former Alter Bo...)
Be careful, Billy remember this...

[Image: face.jpg]

We don't want to go there again....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Recipes......... by cjs (Be careful, Billy re...)
Can't say as I do remember Jean, but from the looks of it I definitely don't want to go there

LJ, it's really called Malfatti, or Strozzapreti, or Priestchokers. I have had it a long time, but never made it and have no idea where it came from. Here's the recipe:

* Exported from MasterCook *

Malfatti, or Strozzapreti (Badly made, or Priestchokers)

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : A List Dressings-Stuffings-Dumplings

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 1/2 Lb Baby Spinach
8 oz drained Ricotta
1 egg & 1 egg yolk
1 c Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 pinch Nutmeg
Salt -- to taste
Freshly ground Black Pepper -- to taste
1 c AP Flour
1/4 c Butter
4 Fresh Sage Leaves

In a large saute pan, over medium heat, add spinach and 1tbsp water. Allow to wilt.
Drain well, squeeze out excess moisture,(Reserve liquid for other use) and chop finely.
place spinach in a large bowl. Add Ricotta, Eggs, 1/2c Parmesan, Nutmeg.
With a fork, combine ingredients until smooth. Taste, and adjust seasonnings.
Shape mixture into oval dumplings, using a tablespoon. Roll in flour to coat, lightly.
Place butter and Sage leaves in a saucepan, over medium heat, until butter melts. Turn off and let stand.
Bring large pot of water to a VERY gentle boil. Add 1tbsp Olive Oil to pot. Add dumplings.
These dumplings should simmer, only. If the water boils, the dumplings will disintegrate.
When the dumplings bob to the top, remove from pot with a slotted spoon, and drain well.
Place on serving dish. Drizzle with Sage Butter and sprinkle with Parmesan to serve.

Billy