OT- Buddy and the new Vet
  Re: (...)
OT.....I was at the vet with Buddy until almost 5 PM, so had chili and fritos for supper. They wanted to keep him overnight or have him in at 8 AM tomorrow. I said tomorrow since they wouldn't be doing anything all night long. Man this new vet is super. Kept asking me, "Did they do this?", "Did they do that?" I kept answering, "No." Have you ever tried to collect a urine sample from a dog? Needless to say, I got my hand and a part of my arm wet, but I got it. Next, a stool sample

So, it's going to cost a fortune, they are doing all kinds of tests tomorrow, but Paul said he'd pay for it. The man drives me nuts, but he's got a heart of gold!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: OT- Buddy and the new Vet by bjcotton (OT.....I was at the ...)
Isn't that sweet. You know the way to a man's heart...
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: OT- Buddy and the new Vet by luvnit (Isn't that sweet. Yo...)
A good vet is so important. Daphne remembers my "He!! Hound" Dakota that ATE a laptop computer and several pieces of furniture and a certain white hat, that was replaced by the way, that we had to have put down due to a rare cancer of the blood. Well, she got sick on Easter Sunday a couple of years back or so and our regular vet didn't return any calls and a different vet referred us to the one we use now that came in special for us on a Holiday. She has the greatest bedside manor and now sees ALL of our pets. Both of the dogs we have now and two of our three cats have been in for one thing or another with her. She is so wonderful.

I am glad you and Buddy have a great Vet and that the two of you have had this special bonding moment with the urine sample...poor poor Buddy. Let us know how things turn out.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: OT- Buddy and the new Vet by firechef (A good vet is so imp...)
What an embarassing moment for the two of you! At least you seem to have a competent vet. I look forward to further reports of Buddy's screening. I hope all comes out well.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Billy, after all the "three" of you have been through. Paul is really showing how much he appreciates you and the "family" you have put together. He does have a heart of gold. It may be a little lazy at times, but he does appreciate ALL You Do For Your Family - buddy included.

When we dont' have kids - our pets are just as important to us, you do all you can for Buddy. Even when we do have kids - our pets are part of our family. We Love Them! You are a wonderful "Human" and Buddy must really love you too!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: OT- Buddy and the new Vet by esgunn (Billy, after all th...)
Quote:

Billy, after all the "three" of you have been through. Paul is really showing how much he appreciates you and the "family" you have put together. He does have a heart of gold. It may be a little lazy at times, but he does appreciate ALL You Do For Your Family - buddy included.

When we dont' have kids - our pets are just as important to us, you do all you can for Buddy. Even when we do have kids - our pets are part of our family. We Love Them! You are a wonderful "Human" and Buddy must really love you too!

Very well said Erin! I agree too that Paul is showing just how much he appreciates his family. That is so sweet.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: OT- Buddy and the new Vet by luvnit ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Gee, I'm real sorry I'm going to be in Portland for the next chapter.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Oh Sweetie - you should have told me! Dr. Ted has invented a device just for getting a urine sample from a dog. It involves a coat hanger and the appropriate size cup! Bob got one from one of the Pugs first try.

Over the years, with all the critters my kids and I have had, I've had the displeasure (mostly) and pleasure (rarely) of meeting quite a few vets. Our current Vet. is an absolute dream - we drive over 80 miles round trip to to to him - and there are dozens of veterinary offices here in town! He has never turned us down when we needed him, opens his office on his days off, has operated on one of our "foster" babies at 7:30 am Christmas Eve! Dr. Ted is our dream.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: OT- Buddy and the new Vet by Harborwitch (Oh Sweetie - you sho...)
Hey Sharon, if I had a dollar for everytime "one of my kids" (nieces and nephews and Buddy) peed on me, well, I'd probably have spent it already, but it was a lot of times
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: OT- Buddy and the new Vet by bjcotton (Hey Sharon, if I had...)
I just hate getting peed on.

My vet showed us a trick to urine collection. I suppose it would work for a leg lifting male as well. She took a quart or half galon plastic milk jug, and cut bottom and part of the handle side off. Replace the screw-top. It looks sort of like a scoop. Holding the handle, slide it under the dog from behind then pour into the lab container. Wash between uses!