Review, Moroccan-spiced Halibut
  Re: (...)
From the C@H special publication this last winter: Cusine For Two - the Moroccan-spiced Halibut with Sauteed Vegetables and Lemon-Parsley Cous Cous

It was delicious. We really liked the flavors. The Halibut cooked up perfectly and the blend of spicy with the sweetness of the honey and the apricots, oh it was very good. I did make a few changes to fit what I had in my refrigerator and my pantry. First the CousCous - I didn't have any. So I made brown rice but cooked it in the same flavors - in chicken stock and lemon juice and added the zest and parsley. I used the exact recipe for the spice rub - it was spicy but very good. The vegies - I didn't have brocollin - so used regular broccoli, and no zuchini and hubby is not a fan - so used asparagus. Other than that the cooking methods and everythign else was the same. I cooked slighly longer on the fish in the oven and slightly longer on the vegies. We will make again. We gave it a firm 8. I will try and type up the recipe tomorrow and add to the post.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Review, Moroccan-spiced Halibut by esgunn (From the [url=mailto...)
Thanks, Erin. I have halibut in the freezer.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Review, Moroccan-spiced Halibut by Lorraine (Thanks, Erin. I hav...)
Hmmm, that does look good, Erin. Haven't cooked anything out of that book yet. I've been eyeing the grilled sirloin steaks w/quinoa risotto - hope to get to that one soon.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Review, Moroccan-spiced Halibut by cjs (Hmmm, that does look...)
Oh boy Erin...that sounds good without the recipe...one of those titles that gets the mouth watering. Can't wait for the recipe. Since I'll be doing Italian everyday at work I will play with the rest of the Middle East and North Africa on my days off like always...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Review, Moroccan-spiced Halibut by esgunn (From the [url=mailto...)
That's one I have been eyeing. I will make sure that's on my list. Thanks for the review!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Review, Moroccan-spiced Halibut by luvnit (That's one I have be...)
Thanks for the review Erin! I've looked at that one as well. Will be adding it to the to do list soon.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Review, Moroccan-spiced Halibut by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks for the revie...)
Thanx for the review, Erin. Don't know why I've passed that one over.
  Re: Re: Review, Moroccan-spiced Halibut by HomeCulinarian (Thanx for the review...)
What are you all paying for Halibut?

Out here it's almost $20 a pound
  Re: Re: Review, Moroccan-spiced Halibut by DFen911 (What are you all pay...)
Denise, I was able to get some at Costco for 12.99 a pound. I was so happy that it wasn't $18.00 that I didn't think much that it was way more than I will pay for other stuff. But it was so fresh and so good - their flash frozen fillets were 13.99 a pound.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Review, Moroccan-spiced Halibut by esgunn (Denise, I was able t...)
Erin, or any of the others, could this recipe make it to this thread if you or any one else with it has a chance. I LOVE the tastes of North Africa more than Greek or Italian.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)