Birthday Reservations...
  Re: (...)
Well it looks like I get to go out for my birthday after all...my mother, Holly's parents and Holly, Kambree and I are going to Ohana Steakhouse in West Des Moines on Sunday afternoon for what should be a great meal and show.

Here is their website...www.ohanasteakhouse.com I have never been to this type of restaurant so I hope it is fun. Anyone ever been to a place like this? Their menu looks pretty good. I love Japanese beers so that will be a nice treat for the birthday...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Birthday Reservations... by firechef (Well it looks like I...)
Oh my, you are so lucky! I love these types of restaurants! Looks like a great menu every day, but Thursday is their Calamari and Scallop special, man I'd love that!

Hope you have a great time!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Birthday Reservations... by luvnit (Oh my, you are so lu...)
I just logged on to their site. What a neat place! I actually really enjoy these types of places because it's so much fun to experience food with others.
  Re: Re: Birthday Reservations... by DFen911 (I just logged on to ...)
We are going to have 7 or 8 people now so we may have a table to our selves...The Chef/owner himself is going to be our Chef so it should be quite the show. My mil to be said she told them it is a combination B-day party/new Chef job celebration and the owner's wife said her husband would be honoured to cook for us himself.

And they say that there are no benies to being a Chef...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Birthday Reservations... by firechef (We are going to have...)
I LOVE these kinds of places! I haven't been to one in quite a while! I hope you have a good time. And you get the pro...what fun! I know he'll put on quite a show, what with you being a chef also AND your birthday!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Birthday Reservations... by Gourmet_Mom (I LOVE these kinds o...)
Love teppan table dining. It's good entertainment and food all at once. We used to go to Benihana in the Chicago suburbs for special occasions when I was a girl. We have a place in town called Kamakura ... our kids love it. That will be a fun birthday dinner.
  Re: Re: Birthday Reservations... by HomeCulinarian (Love teppan table di...)
Benihana's in Portland is the only place like that I've ever been. Great food. Have a lovely birthday with friends and family.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy