APPCA or USPCA
  Re: (...)
Who is with who?

I am with USPCA but I am thinking about changing. Hubby isn't thrilled with paying out the fees involved, but the APPCA seems to offer more, including training locally.

Pro's or Con's of either?
  Re: APPCA or USPCA by DFen911 (Who is with who?[br]...)
As far as I knew the only "way to go" was the APPCA. I had never even heard of the USPCA until you mentioned it.

My view is as long as you think that the investment is worth it then it is worth spending the funds to join. If you do not think you will see a "return" on the investment then it is not worth it...

Know what I mean? On a personal note I will repeat that I know members of the APPCA and they all say it is a great organization. Others say they are members of no organization and that is great with them...look at the ACF. Jean and I love it and others look at it as a "rip off" or worse...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
I chose APPCA - Jean and ChefJune heartily recommended it to me, and after talking to Candy Wallace I am more than thrilled. Now that I have the study materials, DVD's and everything else I'm really happy.

You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: APPCA or USPCA by Harborwitch (I chose APPCA - Jean...)
Sharon,

What were the study materials like? What did they send you? Just curious.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
I've been with the USPCA since 1999. Have always liked it but my original cost was not as high as it is now. Since moving to Tucson, I've let my membership lapse. (Not sure if I want to start up the biz again). I have been eyeing Personal Chefs Network, Inc. You might want to google them and check them out. Just gives you one more option.
Shannon
  Re: Re: APPCA or USPCA by Dismc (I've been with the U...)
Sharon, isn't Chef Candy a former "regular" on a different site's forums? I do know she is very approachable via email and very supportive of all that ask for information and help...I even "chatted" with her once or twice myself.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: APPCA or USPCA by firechef (Sharon, isn't Chef C...)
yes, Firechef, she is the same one.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: APPCA or USPCA by luvnit (Sharon,[br][br]What ...)
I opted for the big bundle - and got a Christmas special on it. It came with the workbook, the book Candy wrote, and a series of DVD's and a CD of "printed materials". Great stuff!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: APPCA or USPCA by Harborwitch (I opted for the big ...)
I also wanted to mention a third option, Personal Chefs Network (www.personalchefsnetwork.com). I have been a member for a year, and a working chef for 6 months. They are very supportive and also easy to access.
  Re: Re: APPCA or USPCA by martha63 (I also wanted to men...)
Wow! Interesting stuff, but it's a good thing the APPCA wouldn't mean much, here, since it costs 54% more than my entire monthly budget - rent, electric, Internet, groceries, everything!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?