I love good coffee, but...
  Re: (...)
I think this one goes a bit too far for the quest of good eats and drinks...anyone else see this??? It was on CNN as well!

This is from the BBC...

Animal dung coffee at £50 a cup

Would you drink it?

A gourmet coffee blended from animal droppings is being sold at a London department store for £50 per cup.

Jamaican Blue Mountain and the Kopi Luwak bean are used to create Caffe Raro which is thought to be the most expensive cup of coffee in the world.

Kopi Luwak beans are eaten, then passed, by the cat-like Asian palm civet, and sell for £324 a kilogram.

All profits from sales of the coffee at Peter Jones in Sloane Square in April will go to Macmillan Cancer Support.

Asian palm civets, which live in the foliage of plantations across south-east Asia, are said to pick the best and ripest coffee berries.

Enzymes in their digestive system break down the flesh of the fruit before the animals expel the bean.

The beans are then collected from the plantation floor by workers who wash away the dung and roast them.

David Cooper, who created the blend, said: "These rare coffees have been slowly hand roasted for around 12 minutes to ensure that we maximise the potential of each coffee.

"The final roast colour is quite dark to ensure that the espresso is perfect for a smooth latte or cappuccino."

I think I am going to go make a cup of coffee and clean the litter box...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: I love good coffee, but... by firechef (I think this one goe...)
What I would like to know is this:

Who was the first person to have 'discovered' this?
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: I love good coffee, but... by luvnit (What I would like to...)
A relative of the first person to see a chicken lay an egg and say, "Hey lets eat these!"
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: I love good coffee, but... by firechef (A relative of the fi...)
LOL!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: I love good coffee, but... by luvnit (LOL! [img]/ubbthread...)
Some people just have to show off how they can spend their money!
  Re: Re: I love good coffee, but... by HomeCulinarian (Some people just hav...)
They could spend it on me and I'd give them a 99 cent cup from the gas station I buy mine at...I'll use the change for good I promise.
  Re: Re: I love good coffee, but... by firechef (They could spend it ...)
LOL! I think I've seen this before! In case you're wondering...No, I would NOT drink the stuff! But it's supposed to be a superior cup. Even if I could get past the process, I can not imagine paying that for ANY kind of coffee!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: I love good coffee, but... by Gourmet_Mom (LOL! I think I've s...)
LOL! It reminds one of the scene from The Bucket List in which Morgan Freeman explains Kopi Luwak coffee to Jack Nicholson. ROTFL!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: I love good coffee, but... by labradors (LOL! It reminds one...)
undiluted by coffee, thanks.
  Re: No, I'll take my dung by lxxf (undiluted by coffee,...)
Kind of makes me think twice about "Chocolate Covered Espresso Beans" I'll tell you that for sure...