Bacon Wrapped Grilled Corn on the Cob!
  Re: (...)
Forgive me if this has been posted before. I ran across this recipe today and WILL be trying it as soon as we have decent corn on the cob. The meal is from Paula Deen and consisted of this recipe of corn, Beer in the Rear Chicken, Biscuits, etc.

Bacon Wrapped Corn on the Cob

[Image: pa1a02_grilled_corn_e.jpg]

8 ears corn
1 pound bacon

Gently pull back the husk exposing the corn. Do not remove the husk. Remove the corn silk and use a brush to make sure all the silk is removed. Soak the corn with the silks removed in water for 30 minutes. This will prevent the husks from charring.
Preheat a grill to medium heat.

Remove from the water and pat dry. Take a strip of bacon and wrap it around the corn. Fold the corn leaves back over, covering the bacon and corn. Tie the leaves with butcher string and repeat the process for each ear of corn. Place the ears of corn on the hot grill and cook, turning occasionally until bacon is cooked and corn is tender, approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Bacon Wrapped Grilled Corn on the Cob! by luvnit (Forgive me if this h...)
At first I thought...WOW! Then I got to thinking about the flavors. I'll have to wrap my brain around that one for a while. I LOVE the flavors of both and will most likely try it, though!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Bacon Wrapped Grilled Corn on the Cob! by Gourmet_Mom (At first I thought.....)
Ooh! Sounds interesting. Also could imagine this with some serrano ham.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Bacon Wrapped Grilled Corn on the Cob! by labradors (Ooh! Sounds interes...)
I know Paula Dean loves pork fat as much as Emeril, but on my corn might be a bit too far? I am sure I will get it made once grilling season starts (snowing still Laura...you didn't have to share!) just to say I tried it and it is good, bad or whatever. I normally save my Iowa Sweet Corn for Paula Dean's other vice...BUTTER
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Bacon Wrapped Grilled Corn on the Cob! by luvnit (Forgive me if this h...)
I have had many corn and bacon recipes. The flavors of corn and bacon go very well together and thought this one was a briliant combo. I usually don't like corn casseroles, souffles and gratins, but corn on the cob? Love it! Wrapped in bacon... beautiful!

I don't know that I would do it every time. But it sounds like a good crowd-pleaser and holiday favorite. I'll try it and let ya'll know!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura