Just Finished
  Re: (...)
I just took two more batches of Grandmother Pearl's Swedish Meatballs out of the oven. If anyone hasn't tried this, it is super yummy. I now have about 200 Swedish Meatballs. Ought to last Paul today and tomorrow anyway. I'll be making the gravy and rice in about an hour. I was going to post the recipe, but I put it in simpler order 'cause on the first batch I didn't saute the onion and garlic. Did this time...I'd forgot to read the notes.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Just Finished by bjcotton (I just took two more...)
OHHHH! These ARE YUMMY! I had them recently and the family LOVED them. I thought about making them again, but I decided to make Jean's Danish version next week. I thought a comparison was in order.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Just Finished by Gourmet_Mom (OHHHH! These ARE YU...)
I love Swedish Meatballs and the like but Holly, being of Swedish and German decent, does not like them...I know I am looking forward to the recipe.

Is it around here already???
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Just Finished by firechef (I love Swedish Meatb...)
You're in luck. I got it on another forum, but Sharon shared it here as well. It's her grandmother's recipe. You're gonna love this, there's a little history attached to this one as well! Cute!

Here's the thread: Sharon's Grandmother Pearl's Swedish Meatballs

How is it that she is of Swedish and German decent and doesn't like Swedish Meatballs?!?!? Are you SURE you're representing Holly fairly on here...LOL! It seems there's more she doesn't like than she does! NO pork, no salmon....I forget the rest, but the list seems to grow daily...LOL!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Just Finished by Gourmet_Mom (You're in luck. I g...)
Very nice...I take it I missed these on two different forums? Guess I need to check into that "tunnel vision" problem.

These do look mighty good...yet another dish for when Kambree is bigger and we can out vote Mommy 2 to 1. That's the plan for the future...hehehe
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Just Finished by firechef (Very nice...I take i...)
You'll be able to work on that little palate soon enough....good for you! Mine were raised on lots of salad and "exotic" recipes very early in life, so they're pretty good at trying new things. I don't know what happened to YS. He doesn't like mushrooms OR chocolate....go figure. Although, to be fair, DD didn't like mushrooms until she was a senior in high school...thanks to fried mushrooms at Applebee's or somewhere when returning from an away football game. She confessed a year ago she never liked shrimp...OMG, sin of sins...but has visited a local fish monger/restaurant that serves the BEST steamed shrimp around...outside of my house. She's learning. So there's hope for Andrew as well I guess.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Just Finished by Gourmet_Mom (You're in luck. I g...)
Quote:

How is it that she is of Swedish and German decent and doesn't like Swedish Meatballs?!?!? Are you SURE you're representing Holly fairly on here...

Yeah - have you tested her DNA? LOL!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Just Finished by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
She is typical of the majority of the people that live in this area...they are VERY closed minded when it comes to food and eating. Makes it real fun in my line of work.
  Re: Re: Just Finished by firechef (She is typical of th...)
Quote:

...they are VERY closed minded when it comes to food and eating.

So sad.

Years ago, a friend of mine was literally a "strictly meat and potatoes man," and had never been particularly adventurous in his culinary experience.

One day after my parents and I had moved a few hours from where we had been, he was going to be driving near our new home, close to Christmas time, on his way somewhere else, so my parents invited him for dinner.

Now, I'd love to say that we had something really far out for dinner, and that he loved it, but that would be an exaggeration. Instead, we had prime rib and Yorkshire pudding - nothing all THAT exotic. For him, however, the Yorkshire pudding was an epiphany, and he became convinced that he had been missing a lot in his gustatory life.

Soon after, he began trying almost anything - fish, spicier foods, etc., and discovered a whole new world of tastes that had completely evaded him in the past.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Just Finished by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I must have missed Jean's Danish version. I'll have to look for it.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy