Sunday Night - What's for dinner?
  Re: (...)
We have a birthday party to go to today. It's in the afternoon, but they are serving Meatball Hoagies and not exactly sure how hungry we will be this evening. (And not exactly sure if we are having frozen meatballs and Prego. I will keep you all posted on that one.)

But I have a bunch of cherry tomatoes and I remember an issue of C@H a long time ago that you roasted a bunch of cherry tomatoes and used it as a sauce over 'something' I don't remember what. Does anyone remember that recipe?

I can always fall back on Molto Manicotti. I have been meaning to make that for a while now and haven't done it. Hmmmm... got a lot of milk to use up too. Maybe that's what I'll do if I can't find the other recipe.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Sunday Night - What's for dinner? by luvnit (We have a birthday p...)
Getting ready to leave for Chicago suburbs for my dad's birthday party. We'll certainly eat plenty at the party, so we'll be skipping dinner tonight.

Laura - are you thinking about the BLT Pasta recipe ... It's in Weeknights I, I think.
  Re: Sunday Night - What's for dinner? by luvnit (We have a birthday p...)
Well, do enjoy the party. I hope they at least know to thaw and cook the meatballs. LOL!

It's hard to say why crosses people's minds when they don't cook much, or try to avoid certain cooking. I remember a woman I knew, who decided to try to cook something that called for separating the yolks and whites of some eggs. She occasionally cooked SOME things, but this was beyond her experience base. Ultimately, she figured that it would be impossible to separate the yolks and whites of freshly cracked (i.e. still liquid) eggs, so she hard boiled the eggs, peeled them, and carefully removed the cooked yolks from the cooked whites. ROTFL!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Sunday Night - What's for dinner? by HomeCulinarian (Getting ready to lea...)
Well, I made the roasted cherry tomato sauce a year or probably more ago. I didn't have, and still don't have the Weeknight books. I know I wasn't even on the forum yet. I think it was before the 'famous' Issue No. 54.

I'll have to go thumb through my issues. This is buggin me.
Laura
  Re: Re: Sunday Night - What's for dinner? by labradors (Well, do enjoy the p...)
ROTFLMAO! Labs that has got to be one of the funniest food stories I have ever heard! Wow! That's in the Top 10.
Laura
  Re: Re: Sunday Night - What's for dinner? by luvnit (ROTFLMAO! Labs that...)
Mentioned in another post, we'll be having priest chokers. I'll be leaving tomorrow for pre wedding assignments and James is worried the pickin's will be slim while I'm gone tehe. Hoping to check in here with you all from time to time via DD computer. Gotta go repack, this'll be the third time LOL
Cis
Empress for Life
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Sunday Night - What's for dinner? by farnfam (Mentioned in another...)
Oh have fun and take care. Hope everything goes well!
Laura
Cis, we will all be looking forward to hearing about the wedding, so keep us posted. Have a safe trip.

Dinner tonight? Not sure yet. Probably something rather light. We're going to my granddaughter's birthday party today, so we will probably fill up there. My daughters learned well, there is always enough food!

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Night - What's for dinner? by Mare749 (Cis, we will all be ...)
I didn't realize you know Holly! That sounds just like her...

Oh yeah, we have reservations in Des Moines at Ohana Steakhouse. First time going and it should be fun but with people that are going it will be a pain in the butt and disaster will be sure to follow.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
Cis, best wishes to you and the whole wedding party! Tell us all about it when you return!

I have no idea what we are having for dinner. Just finished scrammbled eggs and bacon for the kids, and the weather is beautiful again today (take that to be mild and not raining) another day in the garden - after church. Probably something I can marinate all day and throw on the grill.

On a side note, I have been missing in action this last week, did Jean mention she was heading off somewhere? Or is she missing in action too? Pretty unusual to have no posts from her for a couple of days running. Hope all is well and she is playing in the sunshine!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.