Made these for breakfast Sunday morning...
  Re: (...)
Got this one off of www.hub-uk.com and tried finally for breakfast Sunday morning. They were great...

Miniature French Breakfast Puffs

Ingredients

1/3 cup soft shortening / butter mix
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cup sifted flour
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon

Method

* Heat oven to 350°F.

* Grease bottoms of 48 small muffin cups.

* Mix shortening, 1/2 cup sugar, and egg thoroughly.

* Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.

* Stir flour mixture and milk alternately into sugar and shortening mixture.

* Fill greased muffin cups 2/3 full.

* Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.

* Dip immediately in melted butter, then in mixture of cinnamon and sugar.

Makes 36 to 48

Simple and VERY flavourful...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Made these for breakfast Sunday morning... by firechef (Got this one off of ...)
These sound really good! Do these have to be served right away, are do think they can be held? thx!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Made these for breakfast Sunday morning... by Lorraine (These sound really g...)
The dipping is best warm, but I think air tight container and a slight warm up would work. If they are dipped they do not do as well "rewarmed" as I found out for breakfast today.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Made these for breakfast Sunday morning... by firechef (The dipping is best ...)
So, what if they were held warm, and dipped at the last minute? I'm thinking of how they could be held on the line. Thx!
  Re: Re: Made these for breakfast Sunday morning... by Lorraine (So, what if they wer...)
That would work in my un-Pastry Chef mind. I would say a semi-moist warm hold would work the best.
  Re: Re: Made these for breakfast Sunday morning... by firechef (That would work in m...)
I was hoping you'd say that!! I think this would be really easy to put together at 7:am for service. I can hold them warm no problem. I think it would be a great side to impress folks with, as they wouldn't be expecting it. Just a little something extra. Better still, I made and froze Maple Butter when I was there. I'm thinking melt and dip??? Oh my!!!!
  Re: Re: Made these for breakfast Sunday morning... by firechef (That would work in m...)
These sound REALLY good! Copied and saved for a nice Saturday or Sunday brunch when things calm down. I'm thinking it would make a great Mother's Day brunch. MMMM!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Made these for breakfast Sunday morning... by Gourmet_Mom (These sound REALLY g...)
Yes, Maple Butter...when are we having these with the maple butter to dip in???
  Re: Made these for breakfast Sunday morning... by firechef (Got this one off of ...)
Oh these sound so good and wonderful for a weekend brunch. You know, a nice quiche, fresh fruit, mini french bread breakfast puffs... and a bloody mary, or other lovely brunch cocktail.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Made these for breakfast Sunday morning... by luvnit (Oh these sound so go...)
Maybe a Mimosa???