Jean?
  Re: (...)
Did I miss a post saying that Jean was going to be off doing something fun? I have not "seen" her around in the past few days...

PJ and Roxanne must be with her. Tis the season though - weather starting to get better - vacations, gardening, fun outdoors, but there is also grilling, bbq's and picnics! If it would just stay nice for longer than 2 days.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Jean? by esgunn (Did I miss a post sa...)
Good question Erin...If they are all off having fun I am surprised they did not invite us. Would think their lives would be incomplete without us...well maybe not.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Jean? by firechef (Good question Erin.....)
I think she was going away for a few days. I'm thinking she'll be back tomorrow or Wednesday. If not, I'll send out the rescue dogs!!!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Jean? by Lorraine (I think she was goin...)
Rescue dogs...? I was thinking this looked like a job for "Underdog." Still wonder how she can have any fun without us? LOL
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
I was wondering the same thing too Erin. I am sure she's not far away and will be back soon. If we send the rescue dogs, I think they should be the kind with the barrell around the neck. With some fine cognac. Can you put champagne in those things? I think Jean likes champagne.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Jean? by luvnit (I was wondering the ...)
You mean there are things Jean doesn't like? Well, I am sure there are when I think of it, but I bet she'd try anything in a bottle once or even twice...
  Re: Re: Jean? by firechef (You mean there are t...)
Have you guys forgotten the avvie of Jean tipping up the bottle of champagne/prosecco? But I'm thinking she'd be satisfied with a shirah blend, too?!?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Jean? by Gourmet_Mom (Have you guys forgot...)
I'm thinking a Merlot!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
Just talked to mom and her computer has no "service" where she's at, and they decided to play somewhere?? in portland with out telling ANY of us she'll be back soon
Work, work and more work, no vacation here! Hope Rox and Jean are having a few for me

We've been slammed, overbooked and stampeeded (is that right?) and will be until graduation, May 24th. There are 3 of us in the kitchen and getting out 500 to 1500 hundred meals a day (and all the job orders are different) is a hair raising experience, to say the least. I'm so tired, when I wake up in the middle of the night and glance at the clock, I don't see 2:34 AM, I see 234 smoked turkey sandwiches with sprouts and avocado.....

Still try to lurk a little, though, to keep up, I miss chatting with you all and look forward to this craziness being behind me. Whatever made me think I wanted to go back to catering...(well, I didn't but that's another story)

PJ
PJ