Review - Baked Shrimp
  Re: (...)
I did the Baked Shrimp with New Orleans Remoulade Sauce awhile back, but forgot to post. It's from
Cuisine For Two. I don't think it's been posted before. If so, CRS, ya know!

I don't eat a lot of shrimp, and made these for my B, as we were having crab. They were really easy to make, I used panko instead of breadcrumbs. The remoulade sauce is dead simple and can be made ahead. He normally does not eat anything breaded, but all these up. I'm thinking that's a good sign. didn't make the French Potato Salad to go with it, as he wouldn't eat it, but will make it for myself sometine. Since he ate it all, had nothing bad to say about it, ( and rarely says anything good about anything), I'm giving it a solid 8. He did say he would eat it again.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Review - Baked Shrimp by Lorraine (I did the Baked Shri...)
Well, I'm thinking that if B thought it was good and you like it, it's DEFINITELY something I need to try. I've checked, and have this, so it's marked to fix as soon as the shrimp start running here. Thanks for the review, since I had not originally marked this one.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
That one looked like a winner to me too! I will make a note and be sure to try these. I did a baked shrimp not to long ago and they turned out beautiful. I will have to try this recipe too. I didn't use Panko, but wanted to. I am sure it would be great with panko.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Review - Baked Shrimp by luvnit (That one looked like...)
I really like the panko. I find it lighter than regular breading.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Review - Baked Shrimp by Lorraine (I really like the pa...)
Once one has used panko, there is no turning back.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Review - Baked Shrimp by labradors (Once one has used pa...)
Quote:

Once one has used panko, there is no turning back.

I agree. When I was at the store the other day they were OUT of panko!

It seems like a few months ago it was a well-kept secret. Now everyone knows about panko and it's not available at our store all the time.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Review - Baked Shrimp by luvnit ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Quote:

It seems like a few months ago it was a well-kept secret. Now everyone knows about panko ...

Know the feeling. There are at least three trends for which I had enjoyed the trendy items (and had to explain and introduce them to other people) YEARS before they became almost ubiquitous.

One is panko, as we have already mentioned.

Another is chipotle. It use to be that hardly anyone knew about it. Now, there is even a McDonald's-owned chain by that name.

Finally, there is Mannheim Steamroller Christmas music. I fell in love with it, introduced my parents to it, and they loved it. Two years, or so, later, it was even being used by ESPN and the major networks as transitional music, and by the Weather Channel during their updates.

Wouldn't it be great if I could get the same kind of track record with the stock market? LOL!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Review - Baked Shrimp by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Of all music, Christmas music is my least favorite [next to rap that is]. It sometimes starts as early as October and you can't go into any store, no matter what kind, without it blaring the SOS. My FAVORITEST music is "Silence is Golden"...or "Solo"..so low ya can't hear it!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
Sounds very good. Another recipe I overlooked...
  Re: Re: Review - Baked Shrimp by HomeCulinarian (Sounds very good. A...)
The Christmas music sounds good and you overlooked a recipe????

My favourite music is actually classical, opera and early jazz and some later stuff by Sinatra and others from the "Rat Pack" and the like. Love Harry Connick, Jr. for "modern stuff" as well as Mr. Billy Joel who ROCKED tonight and even threw in a couple of his modern "classical" tunes that are yet to be released...he said he will have a complete Symphony done within the year and maybe ready for CD release by the holidays...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)