Hello all
  Re: (...)
Wow, talk about withdrawals!! It's o.k. if its planned, but to find out no internet access at the last minute is pretty darn lonely feeling.

We spent almost a week in Portland and had a really good time - the weather was wonderful over the weekend and we did nothing but grill!!! Introduced a few folks to grilled corn and pineapple spears. Also played with making hors out of the mushroom/taleggio/truffle pizza. (thinking of adding 'truffle-infused flour' to my pizza dough and making small rounds. Anyway, just playing with ideas right now.

One wonderful happening while there - the floating home next to Don's just sold and we met the new owners. Two gals who have opened a Mexican 'cafe' in Portland!!! Is that a hoot, or what - we had a ball getting acquainted with them.
Anyone in the Portland area, Billy, the place is Aqui Mexican Cafe on S.E. 12th Ave.

Looking over the posts I missed, some really good lookin' dishes to try - you guys have been busy! I missed you all and missed my daily fix, that's for darn sure!

So, what's everyone cooking up tonight? someone brought up the coffee-cinnamon chix thighs - I sure hope I have some thighs in the freezer!!!!! love those.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Hello all by cjs (Wow, talk about with...)
Well today I am making Burgers au Poivre with a nice Remoulade Sauce . From issue No. 51 June 2005. That's for lunch.

This morning I made a Berry Tart from a past summer issue. I put it away and don't remember the issue. Musta been June 2006 No. ??.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Hello all by luvnit (Well today I am maki...)
Welcome back Jean!!

Tonight it's a roasted chicken. No clue what else, but figure that's a good starter
  Re: Re: Hello all by DFen911 (Welcome back Jean!! ...)
Thanks, Denise.

Well, I do have a turkey thigh/leg defrosting for the coffee/cinnamon recipe, but a neighbor just brought over some fresh halibut!!!! Now, what to do with it tonight! Erin just did a dish with it, will have to check that one out again...I think it was Erin.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Hello all by cjs (Thanks, Denise.[br][...)
I think it was Moroccan Spiced. But, there's also a pistachio crusted one in the ......Weeknight Menu 2.....I think.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Hello all by Lorraine (I think it was Moroc...)
And in the grilling one, there is an Indian Spiced Fish tostada - that one is next on my list!
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Hello all by esgunn (And in the grilling ...)
Crap, that's the only one I never bought... "Indian Spiced Fish tostada " oh my, that sounds good.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Hello all by cjs (Crap, that's the onl...)
Quote:

Crap, that's the only one I never bought... "Indian Spiced Fish tostada " oh my, that sounds good.

Since you mentioned it, Jean, I never bought that one either.

What do you think of it, Erin (the grilling issue)? Worth buying? I checked out Weeknights 2 and decided most of the recipes I was interested in were in other issues, so decided to spend the 10 bucks on steaks. But the grilling one might be fun.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Hello all by pjcooks ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
yes, do PJ and I need to get this???
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Hello all by cjs (yes, do PJ and I nee...)
Yes, do tell someone! I was hoping to buy either that one or the pasta one with my next volume purchase. I thought everyone had already gotten that one and recommended it...LOL! I have NO idea where I got that notion from...the grilling thread?

OOOPS! I'm making the Island Pork Tenderloin recipe with the Mojo Sauce, and Mojo Mango Salsa. I'm going all the way with the Lime Pickled Onions and Caribbean Black Beans with Rice from the Cuisine at Home, June 2004, Issue 45, p. 10. I think several of you put this one on your top 5 favs a couple weeks ago.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.