Another reason not to eat at McDonald's...
  Re: (...)
...especially in Canada.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Another reason not to eat at McDonald's... by labradors (...especially in [ur...)
I was talking to one fellow who stated that it took 1,000 liters of water to produce 1 kilo of beef. I'm too lazy to look it up, but that sounds like a lot of water to me.
  Re: Interesting by lxxf (I was talking to one...)
It probably takes a lot more water than people realise to produce ANYTHING. Animals AND plants contain water, since it is one of the basic components of most living things.

It's more alarming that at least SOME water won't be used by that McDonald's employee for hand washing because of a legal and political system in which anyone may declare himself a victim and rake in big bucks from a frivolous lawsuit. The same thing has been happening for years in the U.S., too, but this case from Canada seems to be the first that could lead to food-service employees' not having to obey sanitation laws. I wonder what would happen with that restaurant (and I use the term lightly) and the judge's decision if someone were to file a suit for having contracted E. coli.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Another reason not to eat at McDonald's... by labradors (...especially in [ur...)
Thank you for the story. I just took my kids to McDonalds this morning.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Another reason not to eat at McDonald's... by luvnit (Thank you for the st...)
Thats okay Laura, the guy getting your meal was happy and content as he had just returned from his break where he used the restroom, ate and smoked three cigarettes before returning to the kitchen to assemble your meals without washing his hands...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Another reason not to eat at McDonald's... by firechef (Thats okay Laura, th...)
Gasp... cough, cough... choke...
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Another reason not to eat at McDonald's... by luvnit (Gasp... cough, cough...)
The sad thing is I know much fancier places than McDonald's that have issues as well...I will not name the restaurant or kitchen manager but I witnessed a steak getting dropped on the floor and then rinsed off placed back on the grill to heat up again and replated and then they attempted to SERVE IT!!! Talk about revolting...I was nearly fired for stopping that one.

I have seen cooks use chewing tobacco on the line and spitting on to floors and into cups while preparing "fine dining" meals...I have seen people on lines in sleeveless shirts sweating all over and even people smoking on lines over the past 20 years in kitchens....another reason to eat at home...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Another reason not to eat at McDonald's... by luvnit (Gasp... cough, cough...)
Take few minutes to read the link to the judgment in the blogger's message. It never says she has a Human Right not to wash her hands. The post is alarmist and seems false. The woman had some allergy on her hands that was apparently work related, and McDonald's wouldn't give her different duties that avoided food handling after she'd worked there some 20+ years.
  Re: Re: Another reason not to eat at McDonald's... by HomeCulinarian (Take few minutes to ...)
Thanks, HC, that puts a whole different slant on it, doesn't it?
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.