What's for Dinner - Sunday?
  Re: (...)
Don't know why I waited until the last day to do LJ's b'day dinner, but will do it tonight. Have zuccs that need to be used, so probably won't bother buying asparagus.

For brunch (yes, champagne also ), we're having a savory bread pudding that Sharon redid from the one we all talked about a couple months ago.

What's everyone else up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner - Sunday? by cjs (Don't know why I wai...)
We made carnitas yesterday that turned out so good - and enough for leftovers tonight. So we'll have carnitas tacos w/guacamole (cheated - bought it at Chipotle) and pinto beans. Inexpensive too. I'm concerned about our grocery bills just going up and up.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Sunday? by Trixxee (We made carnitas yes...)
They're all getting back from charleston today. Not sure what they've bben eating all week, so, the pork belly is on the oven. I made potato salad, and some slaw. I've got some fresh pasta sheets, made a sauce with some sausages, so I'll make a lasagna. If we don't have it tonight, there's always tomorrow.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Sunday? by Lorraine (They're all getting ...)
Pork belly, never had it (other than bacon products) how do you prepare it?
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: What's for Dinner - Sunday? by cjs (Don't know why I wai...)
We are grilling some burgers and hotdogs tonight. I'm making some potato salad (a recipe that I've made a couple times from Epicurious) and I am going to attempt to replicate the strawberry cobbler that we had at Harold's in Abilene, vanilla ice cream is waiting in the freezer!
Meg
[url] www.meglucas.com [url]
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Sunday? by mlucas1 (We are grilling some...)
I've got a couple of shoulder chops defrosting. I guess I'll throw in a can of tomatoes and some barley. I think there's still some cucumbers with chevre left over. I don't want to work too hard, we've been painting and I've forgotten how much work it is to paint. It's a huge room with beams and mostly trim so we've been working with brushes. Two and a half more beams, the french doors and one small window and we are DONE. Hot dog. I spent about 3 hours yesterday sitting Indian-style painting the baseboards (did I mention I am a really S L O W painter) and it took a long time to limber up again.

Sally
  Re: Lamb and lentil stew by lxxf (I've got a couple of...)
We made the Bourbon Glazed chops. Where's the review?
  Re: Re: Lamb and lentil stew by HomeCulinarian (We made the Bourbon ...)
Sally, I don't envy you your weekend at all!!! (but I do envy the results! )

You're the first one 'up', H.C. - I made it also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Sunday? by luvnit (Pork belly, never ha...)
Laura, I marinated it for a few days in brown sugar, salt, cumin, coriander, and cardamon. I rinsed it off, dried it well, put it on a rack in a pan. Added about 1 1/4 cups water, and 1/4 cup of soya to the pan, covered tightly in foil, and cooked it at about 300 -325 for 2 hours. Took the foil off, added water/soya as needed to keep liquid in the pan, and roasted for about about 2 hours. By this time, the skin was crispy, and the meet melt in your mouth.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner - Sunday? by Lorraine (Laura, I marinated i...)
We celebrated getting home with grilled dry aged rib-eyes, baked potato, baked sweet onions, and a salad. We had a bottle of Norton Reserve Malbac. We have a local meat market that dry ages beef at no charge (you pay for the original weight)
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".