Bourbon Glazed Pork Chops Dinner Review
  Re: (...)
Today's the day to review this dinner, right? Wish LJ could be contributing, especially since it was his pick.

We liked the chops recipe. Someone drank the bourbon and I didn't want to go to the store for more because the same somebody would drink it, too. So, I used whiskey - Gentleman Jack. I don't think it altered the flavors very much. My 12" calphalon skillet bottom is warped, and I have an electric cook top, so I didn't get the nice browning. Is there a way to get the bottom flat again??? Even so, the flavors were good and the method pretty easy.

We made the pesto twice baked from the same issue. They were okay. I think there was too much oil in them given the pesto has oil and you were to add more, plus the butter & milk. I would also leave the garlic out of the milk next time. I wanted to make the version with goat cheese and rosemary, but didn't have any rosemary.

We had two stalks of asparagus from our garden to add to the store bought ones. We tossed them in olive oil and course salt and roasted them. It was a nice dinner.
  Re: Bourbon Glazed Pork Chops Dinner Review by HomeCulinarian (Today's the day to r...)
Oh my, what great flavors in this pork dish! It will certainly be a repeat. I had some roasted butternut squash & onions leftover from the night before, so made a 'bastardized' version of the penne al burro recipe to lay the chop on. The flavors really worked well together.

Have a nice FoodSaver pouch of leftovers to take in the trailer this week - which will be a very tasty, easy dinner one night.

[Image: pork2.jpg]

I was going to say we give this an 8+, but rethinking it I would serve this dish at a winter dinner party, so think I'll give it a 9!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Bourbon Glazed Pork Chops Dinner Review by HomeCulinarian (Today's the day to r...)
I've made these chops twice for guests. Have been a hit each time and these are so easy. Can't think of anything I don't like about them. Have served with crispy baked potatoes from the same issue.
Shannon
  Re: Re: Bourbon Glazed Pork Chops Dinner Review by Dismc (I've made these chop...)
Baked potatoes do sound like a good combination with them.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Sorry I'm late - our internet was out all day yesterday.

We really liked the dish. And it was so easy. I had my hubby buy a bottle of the bourbon, because I have this dish and a short rib recipe I want to make. We don't normally have bourbon on hand. It even led into an internet search on the differences of Whiskey and Bourbon, because I had no idea what the difference was. Very interesting - don't cha just love the internet!

Sorry, off topic. Anyway I made as the recipe was written, don't think I would change anything. The magazine showed the recipe with mustard greens and a twice baked potato. Thought that would be a great way to try next time. I roasted asparagus and crimini mushrooms. very good. I'd give it a definate 8.5. We will make again, especially in the winter.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Bourbon Glazed Pork Chops Dinner Review by esgunn (Sorry I'm late - our...)
I didn't get to make this over the weekend as I had planned....got sick. I'm still not up to par, but hope to be able to tackle this one over the coming weekend. I'll post as soon as I can.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Bourbon Glazed Pork Chops Dinner Review by Gourmet_Mom (I didn't get to make...)
I'd sure hate to lose any to pork chops. But it does sound good, and I don't have much luck with pork chops, so I should try it. Where is the recipe?

Sally
  Re: Sipping my evening bourbon by lxxf (I'd sure hate to los...)
Here's a link to the thread. It sounds really good, so I'm looking forward to making it. LJ's Dinner Review Menu and Recipe
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sipping my evening bourbon by Gourmet_Mom (Here's a link to the...)
Just a note on the 'sauce' - I only made two chops, but kept the rest of the ingredients as is and I'm glad I did. I liked having the little extra sauce. And the chops were so large, it was nice to have a sauce for the leftovers. Good flavors!

oh, also, for those interested - I used evaporated milk instead of the heavy cream - couldn't tell the difference.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sipping my evening bourbon by cjs (Just a note on the '...)
I did get to do this one...I loved it and Holly was unimpressed. I did grilled asparagus along with grilled cherry tomatoes and zucchini along with my feta sauce...

No pictures as I am not that computer savvy...I am going to try modifying this one to an outdoor grilling recipe. Wish me luck...then again I still need to have Holly build my grill...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)