Monday's Dinner?
  Re: (...)
Time to play with leftovers today - have some cinnamon-coffee turkey leftover, so I think I'll add it to some chow mein goodies (bean sprouts, bok choy, etc.) and top some fried chinese noodles. Lots of flavors there - hope it works.

By the way, wanted to mention the chicken wings Laura mentioned last week - madmax (who so rarely posts ) made them and just raved about these little goodies. Here's the recipe in case you can't find it, it's in the middle of another post.

-------
Okay now my Sticky Wings . Hubby and I have been making these for years. We would make a meal out of these lovely wings, white rice and a salad. Sooooo good and sooooo easy.

3 lbs. chicken wings, thawed, cut tips and throw away, cut wing at joint

For sauce: 1/2 cup each, honey, soy sauce and bbq sauce

Cut up wings, place in 9x13 pan. Mix sauce and pour over top. Cook in oven at 375 for 60 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes to coat wings with sauce. I do not recommend using the bags of frozen wings. They are injected with too much water and you won't get your sticky sauce, just soup.
-----

have to add these to the menu soon!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner? by cjs (Time to play with le...)
The wings sound great!

They opted for the lasagne last night, so tonight it's the pork belly, potato salad, and slaw.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
We're having bbq pork sandwiches and potato salad tonight. I threw the pork loin that I had in the crockpot with some barbeque sauce that someone from Tx. gave me yesterday, man did it smell good! Today is my crazy day so it's nice to have dinner done already!
Meg
[url] www.meglucas.com [url]
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner? by mlucas1 (We're having bbq por...)
everybody's having potato salad and I'm still tasting the chipoltes I added to mine last weekend....it's too soon to pig out on potato salad again, JEAN!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner? by cjs (everybody's having p...)
I'm doing C@H's spring risotto with some sort of steak, have to check the freezer for that.

Picky's getting hot dogs and hamburgers. It's okay, he likes that.

Jean, I'm pretty sure you posted that wing recipe before, and I liked it. Picky did, too

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner? by pjcooks (I'm doing [url=mailt...)
Tonight we will continue to celebrate with Copper River Salmon (frozen from last year) and a bottle of Oregon Pinot Noir--the sides are still up in the air. Tomorrow we slow down and eat more responsably.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner? by Old Bay (Tonight we will cont...)
Day three and final day of carnitas. My husband turned them into enchiladas w/green sauce, cheese and a few sliced black olives last night. I just have to pop them in the oven later. I'll make a tossed salad.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner? by Trixxee (Day three and final ...)
PJ - I'm almost ( ) sure it was Laura's recipe - I haven't made this one yet. Sure does sound good, tho.
www.achefsjourney.com
I knew that Sunday we were going to be helping Jennifer move all her Dad's stuff into storage. She'd lined up a crew of 13 or 15 people and we needed to feed them. Soooooo, Saturday night I went into a cooking frenzy - thawed some achiote roasted pork butt and cooked it with doctored up BBQ sauce and made pulled pork for sandwichs. I thawed almost 8 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breasts and brined them in a chai tea brine. Then I made a HUGE pasta salad.

Well long story short - 7 people showed up. We ate the pulled pork sammies - so we'll be having chicken & pasta salad tonight, tomorrow night, and. . . . . ?

You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
I'm trying a recipe from c@h Cooking for Two. Forget it's name, but it's chicken breasts stuffed with spinach, tomato slice and farmer cheese on a bed of whole wheat spaghetti.