New Chef for Dinner: Impossible
  Re: (...)
Robert Irvine has been officially let go from the series and a new chef will be taking his place in light of the 'exaggerated claims' by Irvine.

The new chef will be Michael Symon who already began taping the next 10 segments.

[Image: bf34-Food-Dinner-Impossible.jpg]
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: New Chef for Dinner: Impossible by luvnit (Robert Irvine has be...)
That's too bad, Chef Irvine was/is a little cutie! Good for Chef Symon, he has certainly been under-used on Iron Chef.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: New Chef for Dinner: Impossible by cjs (That's too bad, Chef...)
I too will miss Chef Irvine. He had the perfect personality for the show's format. Too bad for us all. It will be interesting to see how Chef Symon changes the show.
Laura
  Re: Re: New Chef for Dinner: Impossible by luvnit (I too will miss Chef...)
He was sooo perfect for the show! And, aaahhhhh -- the "guns", eye candy to be sure! Giggle. (Personally who cares if he cooked for Princess Dianna - he cooked for our Military! In my book a better reference!)
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: New Chef for Dinner: Impossible by Harborwitch (He was sooo perfect ...)
Hmmmm... I forgot about the 'guns'. Here ya go! He'll be missed.

[Image: scr_070515-O-9999C-001.jpg]
Laura
  Re: Re: New Chef for Dinner: Impossible by luvnit (Hmmmm... I forgot a...)
I liked the chef--if he is held to this standard, everyone else should be. I wish him the best--who was it that said "arise and sin no more"? I'm not that religious, but thats a pretty good statement. A good British chef--wow!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: New Chef for Dinner: Impossible by Old Bay (I liked the chef--if...)
Chef Irvine has started a new blog site and is "coming clean" in his own way. He is also putting out another cook book. He may have had had his resume and comments "twisted" and may have "stretched" the truth himself but at no time have I seen too many people question his talents in a kitchen. I have heard he can be a pain to work for but many of a Chef has been like that. It is Chef Marco Pierre White that had a young Chef Gordon Ramsay in tears in a corner in the kitchen while Chef Ramsay and Chef Batali worked for Chef White in London...

As for the good British Chef comment Bill I refer you back to Chef Marco Pierre White and Chef Gordon Ramsay and the Scot Chef Kitchin. I'd throw in my friend Chef Thomas Riding who now resides in Ontario, Canada but is from Scotland but I wouldn't want to embarrass him any...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: New Chef for Dinner: Impossible by firechef (Chef Irvine has star...)
I think Rick Stein is the best British chef, one of the best in the world in fact.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: New Chef for Dinner: Impossible by Old Bay (I think Rick Stein i...)
I have his complete seafood book - it's a good one, good chef.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: New Chef for Dinner: Impossible by cjs (I have his complete ...)
I'll have to agree with the Irvine comments...he sure does know what he's doing in a kitchen. I will miss his show. I guess I should give Symon a chance, but it'll be tough. Irvine was so well suited to the format.

Quote:

I'd throw in my friend Chef Thomas Riding who now resides in Ontario, Canada but is from Scotland but I wouldn't want to embarrass him any...

Hey Jean, is this who I think it is? And does that cocky kid with the big knife still work for him? That kid could sure come up with some interesting things in the kitchen.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.