New guy checking in
  Re: (...)
Hi all. I just received a free preview issue of the magazine, went to the website, and joined the forum. My wife is a great cook but I'm just 'okay' except for a few special recipes so I'm for sure not going to offer much in that area. My real kitchen related specialty is cutlery, especially Japanese, and extreme sharpening. I have never seen this forum software before so I have a bit to learn about posting pictures, etc.
Buzz

I have kleptomania,
but when it gets bad,
I take something for it.
  Re: New guy checking in by buzzard767 (Hi all. I just recei...)
Welcome to the forum, Buzz! This is a great group of people! Jump right in!
Meg
[url] www.meglucas.com [url]
  Re: Re: New guy checking in by mlucas1 (Welcome to the forum...)
Welcome...never be afraid to jump in and throw in your two cents worth. We don't bite we just taste around here...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: New guy checking in by buzzard767 (Hi all. I just recei...)
I wish you lived closer Buzzard, my knives need a good sharpening and I need to learn. Nice to meet you and welcome to the forum. Bunch of friendly folks here.

I have to say that is a nice looking knife in your avatar pic! Never seen one like it. Very pretty.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: New guy checking in by firechef (Welcome...never be a...)
Quote:

Welcome...never be afraid to jump in and throw in your two cents worth. We don't bite we just taste around here...

One more thing about me; I'm glad you don't bite because I'm a Marine and I bite back.
Buzz

I have kleptomania,
but when it gets bad,
I take something for it.
  Re: Re: New guy checking in by buzzard767 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
So why isn't my avatar showing? Does it require a moderator review?
Buzz

I have kleptomania,
but when it gets bad,
I take something for it.
  Re: Re: New guy checking in by buzzard767 (So why isn't my avat...)
I can see it.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: New guy checking in by luvnit (I wish you lived clo...)
Quote:

I wish you lived closer Buzzard, my knives need a good sharpening and I need to learn. Nice to meet you and welcome to the forum. Bunch of friendly folks here.

I have to say that is a nice looking knife in your avatar pic! Never seen one like it. Very pretty.

Aha, my avatar finally showed up.

I'm closer to Minnesota than you think - moved to FL from Wausau, WI ten years ago. My daughter is the assistant compliance director (in charge of athletic scholarships) at the U of M. She lives in Eagan and we're up there often. I also spent all of my pre-teen and teenage summers on the south shore of Big Detroit Lake - Dad was from Moorhead, Mom from Fargo.

The avatar is a Yoshikane 240mm (9.4") Gyuto (J chef's knife).
Buzz

I have kleptomania,
but when it gets bad,
I take something for it.
  Re: Re: New guy checking in by buzzard767 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Welcome Buzz! You'll love this place. Great group of folks here from novices to professionals.

I am in charge of jello shooters, so if you have a preference let me know. lol!
  Re: Re: New guy checking in by DFen911 (Welcome Buzz! [img]/...)
I have a lot of friends in the Corps. Having spent three years on VIP duty in the Air Force out of Andrews, AFB I got to work with a bunch of embassy and VIP security guys...keep close with guys like that...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)