Review - Peach Glazed Pork Loin Issue #69
  Re: (...)
Tried the Peach Glazed Pork Loin last night. We have three recipes picked out for this week. The other two are the everyday gyros and grilled scallop teriyaki salad.

The Peach Sauce is very good. I thought I had about 1/2 cup of apricot preserves I was going to substitute for the peach preserves, but I had more like 2 Tablespoons, which is much less than 1/2 cup called for. That was my only alteration on the ingredients.

Also rather than turning the roast and basting every 10 minutes for an hour (and letting the heat out), I just put about 1/3 cup of sauce, no peach pieces, on top of the roast after searing it and let it cook for 45 minutes on indirect in the grill. We served slices of the roast with a spoonful of the sauce with peaches on top. I baked the potatoes with the roast and grilled some asparagus while the roast was resting.

This was very nice and we will definitely make it again.
  Re: Review - Peach Glazed Pork Loin Issue #69 by HomeCulinarian (Tried the Peach Glaz...)
I'm glad you reviewed this one, because I had this one bookmarked for later. We love peaches, and I'll probably use frozen the first time, but living sooo close to "peach country" I'm looking forward to trying it with fresh peaches and having grilled peaches on the side. YUMMY!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Review - Peach Glazed Pork Loin Issue #69 by HomeCulinarian (Tried the Peach Glaz...)
#69? the new issue? sounds delicious.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Review - Peach Glazed Pork Loin Issue #69 by cjs (#69? the new issue?...)
This is from the June 2008 issue. Planning on making the Gyros from the same issue tonight.
  Re: Re: Review - Peach Glazed Pork Loin Issue #69 by Gourmet_Mom (I'm glad you reviewe...)
I also thought about making grilled peaches on the side. If I did, I wouldn't add sliced peaches to the sauce.