Marsala Mushroom Pizza!!!
  Re: (...)
YUM YUM, made this one last nite (thanks for the recipe Daphne) OMG was this ever good!!! And the Fibrament stone performed perfectly too. Only thing I changed was I used mozzarella "pillows" instead of dollops of riccotta. Riccotta just didn't appeal to me. This was terriffic, 8YUMS, Will make again for sure!!
Cis
Empress for Life
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Marsala Mushroom Pizza!!! by farnfam (YUM YUM, made this o...)
Thanx, Cis. I think the mozzarella sounds better than ricotta to me. We'll give it a try when teenage daughter is not going to be eating with us. She doesn't "do" mushrooms.
  Re: Re: Marsala Mushroom Pizza!!! by HomeCulinarian (Thanx, Cis. I think...)
Thanks Cis! When I get back to cooking, this is on my list. I even bought the groceries.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Marsala Mushroom Pizza!!! by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks Cis! When I ...)
Well, the new issue was waiting for me when we got home yesterday - that one really caught my eye also, cis! Not too many pizza recipes get by us, do they??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Marsala Mushroom Pizza!!! by cjs (Well, the new issue ...)
I made this last night and it was very, very good. The only changes I made was using a Boboli crust (sorry - I don't know how to make pizza dough - yet!) and used dried thyme.

It is extremely rich and one piece goes a long way. Beware - it's very garlicky. Make sure you're all eating it.
  Re: Re: Marsala Mushroom Pizza!!! by Trixxee (I made this last nig...)
Trixxee - may I make a suggestion? Most large supermarkets sell balls of pizza dough (also some pizza parlors will sell it also) - all you have to do is roll it out and bake and/or top it. That boboli stuff I tasted was almost all salt...

and then, we shall work with you to make your own....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Marsala Mushroom Pizza!!! by cjs (Trixxee - may I make...)
Jean, Have you seen the balls of pizza dough around here (Washington)? I look all the time and the only pizza dough I have found is the one in the can...I look in all grocery stores in the fresh and frozen bread/bisquit sections. I bet Metropolitan market, or whole foods probably has it - but we don't have those close by.

Trader Joes is the only store that I know that I have found it.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Marsala Mushroom Pizza!!! by esgunn (Jean, Have you see...)
Trixee, do you have a food processor? If you do, pizza dough is a snap. If you don't you might think about getting one, I have a Cuisinart PowerPrep that I adore!! But many here can recommend others, I'm sure. Since you already love to cook, you'd surely use it for millions of other things.
Also, ever the teacher, Jean will guide you to success in no time
Cis
Empress for Life
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Marsala Mushroom Pizza!!! by farnfam (Trixee, do you have ...)
Thanks for the tips! Yes, I do have a food processor - used it to make the pesto actually. I have seen the TJ's dough and thought about buying it.

Now, do I need a pizza stone?
  Re: Re: Marsala Mushroom Pizza!!! by Trixxee (Thanks for the tips!...)
Trixxee, those that have them like them, I never use one and I've been perfectly happy with my pizza...but maybe, ignorance is bliss.

In most grocery stores, you can find round (10", 12", 14", etc.) mesh screens and this is what I put my pizza dough on to bake or grill it, but a cookie sheet or any baking sheet will work for you. Have some fun with this.
www.achefsjourney.com