Potato Chips with Chevre, Pepper Jelly & Bacon
  Re: (...)
Another new winner - I'm making these for a party next week and tested them yesterday. really tasty.

Potato Chips with Chevre, Pepper Jelly & Bacon

Serves 12
"F&W's Grace Parisi loves using extra-crispy, thick-cut potato chips as the base for quick hors d'oeuvres. Here she tops the chips with creamy goat cheese, sweet-spicy pepper jelly and smoky bacon."

6 oz. sliced bacon
36 thick-cut potato chips (I made my chips from Russets)
5 oz. fresh goat cheese, softened
3 T. sweet red pepper jelly (I used 7-pepper jelly)
1 T. snipped chives

Cook the sliced bacon till crisp; drain, cool and crumble.

Arrange the chips on a serving platter. spread or pipe 1 tsp. of the goat cheese onto each potato chip. Top with a small dollop of the pepper jelly, sprinkle with the bacon and chives and serve right away.

I layered mine a little different - bacon on the cheese, the jelly next and then the chives - seemed to look better and not so 'scattered.' I also didn't read the instructions ( ) and used much more than a tsp. per chip - think I would go with something between what I did and the tsp.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Potato Chips with Chevre, Pepper Jelly & Bacon by cjs (Another new winner -...)
Good grief! You must be trying to kill me!

Certainly a new twist on nachos.

I'd layer them as you did, Jean: chip, cheese, bacon (I'd cut it into little squares instead of crumbling it), jelly, chives (except I'd use green onions).
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Potato Chips with Chevre, Pepper Jelly & Bacon by labradors (Good grief! You mus...)
hmmm, don't think the squares would work - it's a two-biter.

Oh boy, nachos made with homemade tato chips....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Potato Chips with Chevre, Pepper Jelly & Bacon by cjs (hmmm, don't think th...)
They are on my list of fun things to make - they just sound so good!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!