Popcorn Bread Review
  Re: Re: Popcorn Bread Review by cjs (No, I posted it look...)
Funny: I had originally copied this from that "Inn" cookbook, because I thought it was an interesting novelty. Considering the reviews, so far, it appears it is much more than just a curiosity. I hope to do this on Saturday, and can't wait to see what it is like.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Popcorn Bread Review by labradors (Funny: I had origina...)
My hubbie wants me to make this again! The leftovers are great toasted. I like Sharon's idea for making hamburger buns, so next time I'll make a full recipe so I can try that along with making a loaf.

Labs, I hope you do get to try this, it's quite tasty.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Popcorn Bread Review by Mare749 (My hubbie wants me t...)
We just cut the second loaf this morning. 3 loaves aren't going to last long around here. Thank you for posting this Labs!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Popcorn Bread Review by Harborwitch (We just cut the seco...)
Had to try this yesterday - oh my, it's as good as everyone is saying. I made three different sizes - one a large loaf, one a little smaller and then four burger size buns that I wish I'd put in a larger pan so they were bigger in diameter and not at high... oh well, I bet they will be good later today with the Pimiento Cheese Burger!!!

[Image: popcornbread.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Popcorn Bread Review by cjs (Had to try this yest...)
I sooo wanted to try this today, but it's stormy here. We're also not going to get home until later this afternoon. We'll see.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Popcorn Bread Review by Gourmet_Mom (I sooo wanted to try...)
Finally did this yesterday, and it was great! I just made the three loaves, as the recipe described, since I want to give two away as gifts to some friends. Next time, I'll try some size variations.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
Jean, those look great! I love your idea of making burger buns, have to try that. So, would you flatten little rounds of dough and bake right away before they have a chance to rise so much?
Maryann

Those just look fabulous! Hmmmmmmmm (squinting at the photo) is that a bottle of Patron I see??

I'm going to make this again this week and do the burger buns, may even try to freeform some "hoagie" rolls. That dough is so wonderful to play with.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Popcorn Bread Review by Harborwitch (Those just look fabu...)
Yes, that would be an empty bottle of Patron....Roy, the rich man on the block ( ), just replaced it - had to take out a loan!!!

Yes, Maryann, I'm going to flatten them more and not let them rise - I also brushed them with truffle oil and salted the tops with truffle salt - we're having really upscale burgers today!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Popcorn Bread Review by cjs (Yes, that would be a...)
Yummm-Yummm!!! Nothin' like a good burger.
Maryann