MC 9 Question
  Re: (...)
Ok this may have been asked and answered so I apologize for the repeat.

Does MC 9 work with Vista? Of course I have to find my CD
  Re: MC 9 Question by DFen911 (Ok this may have bee...)
What's 'vista'? guess that tells you I don't know squat about computers....I'll go find my room.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: MC 9 Question by cjs (What's 'vista'? gues...)
Vista is Microsofts new operating system. I have XP here at work but just got a new laptop that is Vista.
  Re: Re: MC 9 Question by DFen911 (Vista is Microsofts ...)
Sorry - can't help. We've avoided Vista so far at home and at work.
  Re: Re: MC 9 Question by HomeCulinarian (Sorry - can't help. ...)
My daughter successfully loaded it on her laptop recently and it has Vista. She hasn't mentioned any problems.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: MC 9 Question by Gourmet_Mom (My daughter successf...)
I should probably just go away from this thread and let labs help you, Denise, but here's a thread that Billy and HC talked about Vista - maybe the bugs have been worked out??

http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...=true#Post34440
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: MC 9 Question by cjs (I should probably ju...)
Quote:

I should probably just go away from this thread and let labs help you...

Well, this is one where I can't offer much advice, since I avoid Vista as one would the plague, and the few times I have had contact with it have given me an even lower opinion than I already had.

Depending upon the exact version of Vista you have installed, you MAY be eligible for a free "downgrade" to XP, but I'm not sure if that option is still being made available.

Here is an article that will give you the general idea. Of course, if you DO make the switch, you'll need to make sure you have backup copies of anything you may have entered (e.g. documents, spreadsheets, etc.), and you will need to reinstall other applications (e.g. MS-Office, MC9, etc.) once XP is on the machine. Fortunately, if this is a laptop machine that you JUST got, you probably don't have too much on it, yet.

Otherwise, if you stay with Vista, you should probably check with the makers of MC9 to see if they know of any Vista-related problems or caveats.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: MC 9 Question by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I tried to go to the site that Billy mentioned www.mastercook.com but that site doesn't seem to exist anymore.

I can't downgrade my operating system. I guess I'll just find that darn CD and see what happens.
  Re: Re: MC 9 Question by DFen911 (I tried to go to the...)
Denise, Maybe try this site...
Mastercook Tech Support
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: MC 9 Question by esgunn (Denise, Maybe try t...)
This is what the site said for anyone else just searching...Sorry Denise

It is impossible to predict compatibility issues of unknown or unannounced operating systems when a title is released.
However, we work hard to make the titles as future proof as possible while still being compatible for the current OS
on the market at the time of release.

This MasterCook series is not Vista compatible.

Applies to Versions: This article applies to
MasterCook Deluxe 9.0 All Versions
Patch Download: None
Article Last Updated: 3/14/2008 10:44:09 AM
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.