Return of the Invalid
  Re: (...)
Hey y'all, I'm back. Had surgery on the 1st, a four hour party, and then the night from hell. Oh my it was just so EVIL there is no describing it. But on the 3rd I was up and walking around and not in a lot of pain. I promised Jean I wouldn't post a picture of my incision here, so will post a URL in case you want to see it. It isn't nasty looking or anything, just big: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/b...CN8037.jpg

I am not in any pain at the moment, just have to watch those coughs, and please, please, no sneezes...those are just rude. Before I left the hospital they had to remove the drain tube, now that's an interesting experience. Hope it's like childbirth for some women and it quickly goes to some hidden place of memory.

I can pretty much do as I wish, no driving when I've taken pain pills, no lifting anything over 10 pounds, and I can shower as I like...can't yet handle the thought of that shower drumbing on the incision of the towel/washcloth getting caught on the staples.

I will be around on and off today, right now, I need a nap see ya.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Return of the Invalid by bjcotton (Hey y'all, I'm back....)
Welcome back!

Now relax, and take it easy for a while.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Return of the Invalid by labradors (Welcome back![br][br...)
Oh Billy so glad you're back and the surgery was a success!! Now you can start getting back to feeling like your old self. Remember these things take time.

BTW did you stove arrive?
Glad to see you back Billy! You've been mightily missed around here. Glad, too, to know that you're feeling better.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Return of the Invalid by Harborwitch (Glad to see you back...)
Oh horsepuckie, Billy!!!! I so apologize for not posting that you were doing fine after I promised I'd do it! Sometimes I'm just a rotten friend. I got so tied up with all the catering that once I knew you were going to be fine, I put you in the little "my dearest friends" compartment of my mind and went on with this job.

I do apologize evryone for not letting you know about Billy.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Return of the Invalid by Harborwitch (Glad to see you back...)
Did you ever get your range situation sorted out? Here's to a speedy recovery and some good home cookin'!
  Re: Hey Welcome back by lxxf (Did you ever get you...)
Yes, I received my New New Range on April 27th and it's all hooked up waiting for me. I am so looking forward to playing on it.

Jean dear, we won't sweat the small stuff. I understand that people's lives are busy. I don't know who it was that said, "All's well that ends well." But somebody must have. Didn't someone also say, "What a difference a day makes!" or in this case 5 days, but that's okay too...Your's truly, Pollyanna
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Hey Welcome back by bjcotton (Yes, I received my N...)
" Your's truly, Pollyanna "

Good to see you, ya little s**thead!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
Quote:

Return of the Invalid

Coming, soon, to a theatre near you! ;-)
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Hey Welcome back by Lorraine (" Your's truly, Poll...)
Billy, I am so glad you're back on and feeling better. I know you can't wait for the day you can get back to a normal life. We've missed your wit and good humor! Take things slow, rest, and take care...no set backs now!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.