Dinner Tonight - Tuesday??
  Re: (...)
Don't know where the days go, but I've been trying to play with the cedar 'plankettes' to wrap around some salmon for the longest time - today's the day! I hope I remember everything Lorraine told me about them...

And Szechuan noodles - supposed to be good hot or cold, so I'll make the whole recipe for leftovers. I just may use some of the tomato powder for the salad dressing also.

What's everyone up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner Tonight - Tuesday?? by cjs (Don't know where the...)
I have to go grocery shopping after work. I'm really hoping they have fresh corn, if so, it'll be grilled corn and grilled hot dogs.

I'm out of the cedar plankettes, but he's sitting on 2 boxes of them for me. (two different sizes). Looking forward to hearing how you like them!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Dinner Tonight - Tuesday?? by Lorraine (I have to go grocery...)
No clue, will have to wait and see what the bed and breakfast is cooking up. All I know is dinner is served at 6. Lol
  Re: Re: Dinner Tonight - Tuesday?? by DFen911 (No clue, will have t...)
Have fun, Denise!

Just made the tomato salad dressing using the tomato powder and it's a winner!! Great flavors. Everyone who ordered the powder, have you made anything yet??? I'm impressed.

I forgot to mention, no sour cream so used mayo - works great and I always have mayo in the house.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner Tonight - Tuesday?? by cjs (Have fun, Denise![br...)
Now that it's grilling weather for real...I grill year round, but now it's a lot more fun!...I've decided I'll finally make the Pimento Cheese and Bacon Burgers. I think I'll do the Bravas Potatoes, too, since I forgot to make them with the dinner review.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Dinner Tonight - Tuesday?? by Gourmet_Mom (Now that it's grilli...)
We had them Mother's Day, Daphne - just love them. If you have leftover pimiento sauce, it's awfully good on baked potatoes.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner Tonight - Tuesday?? by cjs (We had them Mother's...)
My husband is out of town so I don't have to much of anything but I think I will make Chicken Milanese again for myself and pasta for my son.
  Re: Dinner Tonight - Tuesday?? by cjs (Don't know where the...)
We are having a turkey tenderloin and couscous with carrot,celery,onion and garlic. (Couscous mirepoix? lol)

Daphne, that pimento cheese is good on crackers too!
Meg
[url] www.meglucas.com [url]
  Re: Re: Dinner Tonight - Tuesday?? by mlucas1 (We are having a turk...)
We had breakfast for dinner. I had to pick up two of my grandbabies on my way home from work today and when I asked them what they wanted for dinner the younger one said "blueberry pan-a-cakes!" So, my hubbie stopped for blueberries and strawberries and we let the girls help make dinner.

The blueberries weren't very sweet and little one piped up during dinner with "I like chocolate chip pan-a-cakes from IHOP better"! Don't you just love their honesty?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Dinner Tonight - Tuesday?? by Mare749 (We had breakfast for...)
Regarding the pimento cheese...I must say, I don't eat it, but William LOVES it, so this one was for him. He had a great aunt that made THE BEST pimento cheese...according to him. Unfortunately, this fell short. He thought it had a bit too much mayo or cream cheese (I'm thinking it's the mayo.) and he was missing a tad of pickle relish. I'll have to play with it.

On the other hand, I learned two VERY important lessons.

One- Let the grill come to temp and adjust BEFORE putting something on in a pan. The Bravas Potatoes were more like chips...LOL!

Two- Cooking bacon is a cinch on the grill! I decided to save cleaning and put the bacon on some tinfoil with the burgers. I seemed to remember someone mentioning cooking it right on the grill, so I put one right on the grates...my grill is an indirect heat contraption, so I felt safe doing this. When I went to check, the bacon ON the grill was ready to turn, crispy, and smokey....YUM! I took the rest off the foil and cooked it off on the grates as well. This is a GREAT way to cook bacon in the summer! No heat, no grease, no mess! Hopefully the grill won't burst into flames the next time I light it...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.