Wednesday's Dinner??
  Re: (...)
I'm not sure what I'm going to do for tonight - maybe I'll get some ideas from you all...

We're off to check out dishwasher drawers (only because we want to help the economy... ) in the big city today - so it'll have to be fast when we get home.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner?? by cjs (I'm not sure what I'...)
I am getting ready to head to Muscatine, IA for a closing shift so I will not be home much before 3 a.m. and have to return to Des Moines, IA for a mid-shift at 11 a.m. on Thursday so Holly will be "on her own" for the next two nights. I am sure she will hit the freezer and attack the microwave...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner?? by firechef (I am getting ready t...)
I'm making some asian chicken lettuce wraps.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner?? by Trixxee (I'm making some asia...)
I couldn't decide for the longest time. Then I remembered I wanted to revisit the BBQ'ed Corned Beef. I went and picked up two. I'm going to do one like I did before and one with just the rub. I'll report back. The original was soooo good! I can't wait to eat!

Now I've got to figure out what to do with the red and savoy cabbage and green onions. I should have done corn on the cob, but decided to go with roasted potatoes and onions.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner?? by cjs (I'm not sure what I'...)
No help here, Jean, I'm so darn busy at work I haven't cooked a meal in 11 days These 9 and 10 hour days are getting to me, I'm getting overwhelmed by the number of parties and the number in the parties, our average lately is about 100, and we have several a day, all different menus. The four of us in the kitchen are all tired, and dreaming about food-I woke up the other night thinking Picky was a giant field green, roasted red pepper and Parmasan salad, time for a break, I think.

Graduation is May 24, it'll really slow down after that and I can become a normal human being again.

Meanwhile, I'll live vicariously......

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner?? by Gourmet_Mom (I couldn't decide fo...)
Funny you should ask, Jean. Tonight was Chicken Pho! Remember that wonderful C@H recipe we all made a while back? Well, that's the one. Just as good as it was the first time I made it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner?? by Mare749 (Funny you should ask...)
I do remember that one, Maryann.

We looked at appliances until we dropped yesterday - ate a late lunch and ruined our dinner appetites. Came home and grilled a couple ears of corn and grilled a little pizza dough into a focaccia and topped it with a drizzle of a Blue Cheese sauce Lorraine posted sometime.... not sure what it was supposed to be for - LORRAINE??

You posted this on the Bleu Cheese thread last November - guess I'll have to search thru LCBO mag. and see what it was originally for. Great flavor - we really enjoyed it, but a little sweet to put on pasta, don't know what to do with the rest....

"Laura, here's one from our latest LCBO mag. I'm not a blue cheese fan, but this one caught my eye. They say it's especialy good served with Cherry & Thyme shortbread. (another recipe I'll have to post.)

1 Tbsp unsalted butter
1/3 cup shallots, finely chopped
2 Tbsp all purpose flour
1 Tbsp fresh sage, finely chopped
1/4 cup dry white wine
3/4 cup milk, 2% or higher, warmed
2 Tbsp honey
3/4 cup blue cheese
Salt and white pepper to taste

In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat and add shallots. cook for 5 minutes, or until translucent and tender. Stir in flour and sage and cook for 1 minute.

Slowly whisk in white wine. Gradually whisk in warmed milk. continue to whisk until mixture thickens, about 4 minutes. Turn off heat.

While mixture is still warm, stir in honey and cheese until cheese melts.

Season to taste with S & P.

I sure wish I liked blue cheese more! "
------

Remember?

P.S. Nevermind - I found the original recipe in the special LCBO magazine. It was to be a dip!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner?? by cjs (I do remember that o...)
It was hot and miserable last night - what a dummy we could have grilled the pizza! Geeze, will someone please kick me in the fanny! Anyway - just simple red sauce with red onion, garlic and olives & lots of Moz. Then a ricotta & Moz. It was good, simple, and used up some pizza dough I had in the fridge.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!