Not lobster, but Mushroom & bacon skewers
  Re: (...)
As mentioned in an earlier thread, this is the recipe that had sounded interesting to me but, for some reason, I had thought had something to do with lobster. It comes from my favourite mushroom-recipe site, which is from Australia, so I have already made the one metric conversion necessary.

Mushroom & bacon skewers

Ingredients:
  • 1 Lb Button mushrooms, trimmed
  • 2/3 Cup Reduced-salt soy sauce
  • 2 Tbs sweet chilli sauce
  • 2 Tbs brown sugar
  • 2 Tbs olive oil
  • 8-12 Slices bacon, rind removed, trimmed
  • thick plain yoghurt, to serve
Instructions:
  1. Place mushrooms into a shallow dish so they sit in a single layer.
  2. Combine soy sauce, sweet chilli, sugar and oil in a screw-top jar. Shake well to combine. Pour over the mushrooms. Toss to coat. Cover and set aside for 30 minutes, tossing occasionally.
  3. Thread mushrooms and bacon in a concertina fashion onto bamboo skewers.
  4. Preheat a barbecue plate or frying pan on medium-high heat. Add mushroom skewers and cook, turning often for 10 minutes or until bacon is cooked and mushrooms golden. Serve with yoghurt.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Not lobster, but Mushroom & bacon skewers by labradors (As mentioned in an e...)
good sounding flavors, lab. I bet lobster medallions would be good also...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Not lobster, but Mushroom & bacon skewers by cjs (good sounding flavor...)
Interesting...rind removed from bacon. That is another give away that this is from a site other than an American site. Wonder how "State-side" bacon would work?
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Not lobster, but Mushroom & bacon skewers by firechef (Interesting...rind r...)
Not necessarily, LJ - we buy slab bacon quite often. sliced bacon would be the same.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com