Fiber in your diet
  Re: (...)
Hey everybody. Are you getting enough fiber in your diet? Most Americans actually do not and it can lead to obesity. What is everyone eating to stay on the right path?
  Re: Fiber in your diet by NoMicrowave (Hey everybody. Are ...)
I love oatmeal and also multi-grain breads, and stick with things I can purchase fresh and make for myself rather than products marketed as so-called "health foods." Why spend extra money for a bunch of pre-packaged hype when one could spend less money on the actual basics.

Yes, there ARE benefits from many of the products, and not EVERYTHING is hype, but I have just seen too many cases of people losing money and becoming ill more frequently because they thought they were being "healthy and all natural." That's why, quite often, when someone tries to foist off their latest "herbal" finds on me by saying, "It's green, it's organic, and it's all natural," I reply, "So was hemlock, but it didn't do Socrates one bit of good."
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Fiber in your diet by labradors (I love oatmeal and a...)
I eat a lot of fruits and vegetables.
  Re: Re: Fiber in your diet by Trixxee (I eat a lot of fruit...)
Why do I have a funny feeling a product made by Kraft is going to appear here sooner or later?

*Just a little note...I am sure that there are ethical and legal issues about "pushing" a product on an almost competitive culinary website without paying advertising fees. Just on the ETHICAL side of it I would NEVER use the products mentioned...*

Anyone else want to use the soap box or should I put it in the corner for next time?
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Fiber in your diet by firechef (Why do I have a funn...)
LiveActive is a Kraft product. LJ must be part Bloodhound trained in Kraft employees.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Fiber in your diet by luvnit (LiveActive is a Kraf...)
One spoonful of psyllium husks in yogurt everyday keeps a body as regular as a cuckoo clock. It's a wonderful supplement to a healthy diet.
Buzz

I have kleptomania,
but when it gets bad,
I take something for it.
  Re: Re: Fiber in your diet by buzzard767 (One spoonful of psyl...)
Quote:

... psyllium husks ...

Yep. Great stuff. Even so, that is another thing the scam artists try to sell unsuspecting Americans, who often believe ANY health claim that says it's "what doctors don't want you to know." They market a "colon cleanser," saying that people are filled will all kinds of undigested meat, then offer, as proof, the large bowel movements their product produces, and follow it up with "testimonials" of people saying "I had know idea what was in me."

Of course, they DON'T tell you that their product isn't much more than psyllium husk, which is a "bulk-forming laxative." "Bulk forming" means what it says: it greatly expands in the presence of liquid, and THAT (not years' worth of undigested food) is what causes the large bowel movements.

Thus, gullible Americans continue to dump BIG bucks into something that's available MUCH less expensively as Metamucil or Konsyl (better if you want to avoid the additives of Metamucil) or just generic.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Fiber in your diet by firechef (Why do I have a funn...)
Touche, my friend, this strategy hasn't been successful before, probably won't be again. A question for you, LJ, being familiar with other boards, does this happen on those as well? And, how is it handled?

Hope you're catching up on your sleep

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Fiber in your diet by pjcooks (Touche, my friend, t...)
I am so happy that the people on this board are so health conscience. I have always felt that the natural way is the best, especially with minor ailments such as headaches, digestive problems, etc. There is no magic pill. You have to eat right and observe healthy practices. Yogurt, eaten on a regular basis has the same effect as LiveActive on the digestive system.
  Re: Re: Fiber in your diet by coco hernandez (I am so happy that t...)
I meant to add - along with fruit and vegetables.